Finally, lunch was served in the diner and I made my footsteps there eating like a hungry vampire. Kartik too came downstairs, we had actually not seen each other after our morning encounter. He sat down clearly ignoring me and bugged up into his plate. We don't know why are we ignoring each other but one thing I know is, it's better since no one is at home ignoring would be essential. 

~~~~~

*Kartik's pov :

We sat in the diner like the two awkward fellows grabbed our food and tried to finish it as fast as we could. I don't know what's happening here but still, ego has its way. We ended up with our lunch and she just quickly got up from her place rinsed her hands and moved upstairs like she had no way other than ignoring me.

Anyways that's something good because I can't handle this short head, she irritates me to peak. I suited myself on my very comforting place that's the sofa ofc. Scrolling through my phone and a Message from Sid popped on my screen. "Bro watched the movie I sent you?" and here I got the remembrance that I had to watch the movie too. I just floated his notification acting like I didn't see it and connected my laptop to the TV so I could have a theatre vibe.

I think I should call Naira too, it's a horror movie after all. We both can catch some vibes watching together because watching horror alone is just like everything is ghost-occupied. I went near the stairs and kept screaming until Naira was downstairs, she irritatingly asked me, "Why the hell are you screaming my name?"

I replied, "Because now I'm going to watch a horror movie, so just for a company."

She giggled, "So this boy is scared??"

I replied getting my chest out and flexing myself, "Who is scared, Its just I thought you would be getting bored too so"

She replied, " Ohh, but sorry I'm not bored. So can I go?"

I said casually, " Yeah. Ofc. "

She really started going upstairs, like she was the one who dared and tried to kill my expectations.

I grabbed her hand, " Really going"

She freed her hand and said, " Don't even want me to turn off my room's light so I could be downstairs"

I smiled grabbed a pillow and sat on the sofa. She came downstairs and with the pillow, she also took her place. We are literally sitting on the two opposite poles of the sofa. I gave her the spoiler before clicking the pause button and she agreed. And here the horror genre started, I really think of Sid do he watches all these horrors alone. I mean seriously salute to my boy, I mean Maya's boy.

The position of ours kept changing with the horrorful vibe of the movie and just then the ghost banged on the screen and we both just clinged on to each other. Our eyes are still closed. I slowly opened my eyes seeing her clutching my shirt and engulfing more in me. Slowly she too opened her eyes, trying to process the scene and we got into eye lock. Eyelock broke just in a second as the ghost again banged the screen and we both again hugged tightly shutting our eyes like the ghost was in front of us really.

She got up and prepared herself turned off the TV and went upstairs, even I was scared so I just moved upstairs to my room with the chants in my mouth like a rap. I being afraid got on my bed, turning off the lights I was just about to bow down to sleep but I heard a knock on the door. I turned on one side of the bed and hmmed in response to open the door. 

~~~~~~

Author's Pov:

He tilted his head, and he saw Naira with her bed sheet and pillow in her hand. " Is she in her senses why did she brought it here? " He thought. She came inside spread her bedsheet on the floor and said to him, " I want to sleep here, please don't refuse.... "

He was so shocked to hear her words, like is she drunk or what!!

He refused. She pleaded to him more and more that he could let her sleep in his room. He agreed and she happily got in her position to sleep on the floor, He stopped her " How can you sleep there, the floor is cold you can catch a cold"

She replied looking at him, "It is okay, I can adjust" 

He said in a tone of order, " You are not sleeping on the floor, you can sleep on the couch, Ughh no that's dusty so ............"

She said in the most buttering tone of hers, " See you can say if you don't want me to sleep here in your room, but see even you are scared so we both need the company of each other right, So it's just I m being caring to you" 

"We can share the bed if you want. Only for sleeping of course." He stammered worrying if she would get the wrong idea. 

"What! No need sorry, I am not going to sleep on the same bed as you" She replied with wide eyes not believing his proposal.

"Okay then, suit yourself on the cold floor." He replied rolling his eyes.

"Wait... I can sleep on the bed only because you are insisting." She hastily said and pushed Kartik to the other side and quickly wrapping herself with the blanket from head to toe she acted to sleep not wanting any more awkward conversations.

Kartik just chuckled and he too lay beside her lost in his thoughts thinking about her and her antics which recently caught his interest. He looked at her sleeping peacefully beside him. The emotion he felt to never let go of her was so confusing yet heartwarming. He saw some hair strands in her eyes which he very carefully tucked behind her ears and quickly pulled his hand back to him not wanting to disturb her peaceful sleep. He closed his eyes with an unknown smile plastered on his face drifting into deep slumber unaware of the morning fiasco about to happen.

************************************

That's it for now .

Hope you all liked it .

Do vote and comment your reviews .

************************************

See ya soon ,

~ Anmol