in which the eyes are the window of the soul

Start from the beginning

ONCE UPON A TIME, THERE WERE TWO OPEN BOOKS. 

However, as the tinge of nippy frozen air swallowed each frisky, vibrant spark inch by inch, one book widened while the other shrivelled and fastened to a bitter close. 

Capitano is an esteemed yet seemingly apathetic figure, she noted with disdain. Never once betraying the mask laid on his face or his hollow 'duties'. 

And that indisputable perpetual fact- burned through each bone of Y/N's obestatin being: inner rapture that combusted like a million specs of stardust. 

Capitano was a poem that both eluded yet alluded all at the same unfathomable time. There was neither rhyme nor rhythm, yet, it flowed with uncanny ease like the riverbends born of Y/N's dreams. Each stanza possessed a glittering hidden doorway that led to another- a puzzle that was barren of neither sense nor sensibility. 

Once you have finally grasped the warmth of his demeanour or that occasional toothy grin- it slips away from the coils of your hand like a snake slithering into the abyss: forsaking you in a hollow mess of bare questions and the sensations of utter abhorrence. 

"Things are so different now," mouthed Y/N as she shuffled behind the makeshift curtain; counting the heads of each child like sheep. It was a line she memorized like a melodic verse, stemming from the deep green book- the book Capitano 'stole' for her all those years ago. 

"Miss. Y/N?" squeaked Nina, her brown doe eyes glimmering in the candlelight, "Where do I put the stars?"

Y/N blinked, gazing down at the curvy lines of her handwriting before glancing at Nina, mouthing gingerly, "On the background. Can you also bring my papers in the back?"

Nina nods her head fervently; scurrying off into the shadows. The shuffling of boots and the hushed muttering of the throng gradually increased, thus, Y/N heaved an extended sigh, biting the insides of her cheek. 'What could go wrong?' questioned Y/N, recounting the children anew. 

"Miss. Y/N!!" squealed Ivan, his eyebrows furrowing as he caught his breath, "Anya's sick- she can't come tonight as the snow queen!" 

Shoot.

━━━

GOLDEN CANDELIGHT FLICKERED TO LIFE, THE CURTAIN NOW PULLED ASIDE BY TWO CHILDREN ALL WHILE THE THRONG FELL SILENT- THEIR SPIRIT INTRIGUED YET CONSERVED. 

Capitano sat in the third row to the right, his arms crossed over his chest while his eyebrows furrowed slightly. His eyes scanned over the scene, the fabric stars casting a subtle thrum in his heart and the resurgence of a recent memory: 

"You? Arts and crafts? You must be delirious Captain."

"Only for you," mouthed Capitano amidst the hushed censor of the throng, "Only for you."

 Wrapped in his hollow ponderings, the vibration of each word and the glimmer of each candle morphed into a hazy background. 

Or at least, until Y/N glided on stage: an angel dressed in snow. 

"... For I am the White Witch! And you-" 

Y/N pauses, her eyes naturally locking onto Capitano like an instinct woven into her muscles and eyes: a wave of various sensations rippled through her body all while she held her breath. 

Capitano merely gazed back in a daunting mixture of enamourment and radiant fear. 'I've been caught.'  he remarked silently. 

"And you..." she repeated, her voice a ghostly hymn while her eyes pooled into Capitano's: fervently grasping for a doorway in, "Are born to perish in my eternal winner.

"Naturally,"  He returned faintly and breathlessly, absent of indifference and dread yet brimming with another hushed tone: one so foreign- that it could be deemed another language entirely. 

NOTES FROM KYLE

get it- 'love' language ok no

HI HI EVERYONEEE

I was meant to do it all at once but change of plans!!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I am glad that I am back to write again!! I look forward to carrying this on because I am sooo excited about the upcoming acts and chapters. 

Take care of yourself! And a kind reminder to vote and comment <3