disorders | information

Start from the beginning

schizoaffective disorder     /    dick grayson

_______________

what is schizoaffective disorder?

_______________

Schizoaffective disorder is when someone has the combination of schizophrenia and a mood disorder, most likely a type of bipolar disorder. They experience symptoms of both disorders. They would experience the paranoia, delusions, and hallucinations of schizophrenia but also the mood dependent behaviors caused by bipolar disorder. The highs and lows, mania and depression both occur with this type of disorder. This means the person who has this disorder would require therapy and medication for the remainder of their life. 

_______________

borderline personality disorder    /     jason todd and damian wayne

_______________

what is borderline personality disorder?

_______________

Borderline Personality Disorder (bpd) is a mental disorder characterized by instability in moods, behaviors, thoughts, and relationships. People with bpd may have difficulty managing their emotions and behaviors, and often experience unstable relationships with others, difficulty with identity, and suicidal behaviors. Symptoms of borderline personality disorder may include impulsivity, extreme emotional reactions, fear of abandonment, difficulty controlling emotions, and feelings of emptiness. Treatment for bpd often involves a combination of medication and talk therapy.

_______________

depression    /    bruce wayne

_______________

what is depression? 

_______________

Depression is a mental disorder characterized by persistent feelings of sadness, low self-esteem, and loss of interest in activities that were once enjoyed. Symptoms of depression can include changes in sleep or appetite, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, irritability, thoughts of suicide, and social withdrawal. Depression can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetics, environment, and life events. Treatment for depression often involves a combination of medication, talk therapy, and lifestyle changes such as regular exercise and stress management.

_______________

adhd    /    tim drake and dick grayson

_______________

what is adhd?

_______________

.Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd) is a mental disorder that affects the ability to concentrate, control impulses, and maintain focus. Symptoms of adhd include difficulty focusing, difficulty paying attention, restlessness, impulsivity, and disorganization. adhd is often treated with medication, therapy, and lifestyle changes such as regular exercise and sleep schedules.

_______________

author's note !!

i hoped these brief descriptions of the disorders helped
if you don't know what each disorder already was !

_______________