Chapter 11

I come to feeling nauseated but alive. Jordan's voice begins to ring in my head asking if I'm ok.... if I'm alive. I smile a little at his worrying and the smile drops from my face as I realize he has every right to worry. I should worry if I will make it out of this alive. Rhys comes stomping down the stairs sneering at me, blade in hand.

"This time I'm gonna try something different." He growls before creeping closer. He gets right up in my face breathing heavy, pupils dilated before he reaches down to pet himself a bit. "we are gonna see how you really look. For weeks I've had to live with my imagination but now," he chuckles," now that I have you, I can have the real thing." He motions to a camera set up on a tripod before it dawns on me what he has planned. He makes quick work cutting off my shirts. He leaves my black lace bra undamaged, moving on to shred my jeans, leaving my matching underwear in one piece as well. He removes the excess cloth before going to stand behind the camera and he spends ten minutes snapping away. He declares that it is enough for today before packing them up and taking them upstairs.

He's progressing so quickly I don't know how much longer I could hold out before he actually does something irreversible to me so I quickly take inventory of what I have laying around me. My best bet ends up being a broken piece of brick that, based on the rather sharp jagged edge on one side, should be enough to help me. I also find a random hair pin still in my hair at the base of my hairline I assume he missed but that works for me. I can get these chains off of me and get him next time he comes in. I lay out the plan in my mind and hide what I've found and lie in wait for the time of my freedom to come.

I make my peace with myself before I attempt to contact Jordan. Jordan I love you with all of my heart. You are my world and I am so sorry I wasn't strong enough to avoid this entire situation. I am trying to hold out for us, I am, but if something goes wrong just know I love you so completely. I love you more than all the water on earth, more than all the stars in the sky. I love you to forever and back. You, always and forever, will be my one and only.

Laurel please just hang on. We are so close to finding you, I can feel it in my soul. We are coming for you just hold on!

I felt his panic before I closed him out of my mind. I left myself open emotionally so he knew I was ok for the time being. Next time Rhys came down here, one of us wasn't walking out alive.