Recovery and Recollection.

Začať od začiatku

Slowly, your body began to relax in the sheets, relishing and cursing the feeling of sharp pain as your wounds brushed against the fabrics of your clothes and the sheets as you immersed yourself further in your memories, fingertips gently tracing the bruises and red marks that marred soft flesh. Your tired mind continued to replay the memories of that day over and over, one in particular finding its way back to the forefront of your thoughts multiple times. It was something Lady Lesso had said in the midst of the torture, it had truly stuck with you, making you wonder if even you knew the answer, the memory replaying over and over as you touched a particular bruise at the underside of your chin.

( ‘ Was that truly so hard?, was the force… ‘ She let out a soft sigh, adding more pressure to the weapon at your throat, making you groan in discomfort at the uncomfortable position and her closeness. ‘ … Really necessary?, Or did you just want me to hurt you? Hmm? ‘ )

Your mind raced at the recollection, the memory was so fresh, the bruises on your skin still so new and raw, it made you think, a little part of you wondering if she was right. You wondered if you had enjoyed her inflicting pain upon you, somewhere deep within yourself, if you still relished in the simple thought of it?. Your hand pressed a little harder against bruised skin, moving to brush along your bruised jaw, to feel the spark of pain that blossomed when you ran a finger across it, but suddenly, bells rang out through the room. Shit.

-

The day ahead was a mess, when the girls had first woken they’d paled at the sight of you, the sight of a fellow ever looking as if she’d had a run in with a staircase. You were absolutely covered in bruises and your eyes were puffy, red from crying and from the lack of sleep. Your arm was significantly bruised and discolored from what little the others could see through the makeshift bandages scattered and messily wrapped over it, the skin swollen and raw from the activities of the previous afternoon. Your face and throat were covered in a plethora of bruises, all different shapes, from fingers to hands, to simple splotches of purple and blue across your skin, your voice hoarse and raw… to put it bluntly?, you looked like a trainwreck.

The evers, being as everly as possible, happily ignored your claims of being fine and practically dragged you to the dean of the school for good, giving her a jumbled, scattered recollection of the incident yesterday at lunch and their wildly exaggerated and insulting descriptions of your state. That conversation alone, honestly made you want to go back to the doom room right then and there, but you let them speak, not wanting to strain your already fucked up voice to explain yourself. Eventually and thankfully, after an extraordinarily long time, they finally found it within themselves to collectively shut the hell up and Dovey quickly dismissed the girls to their first class of the day, taking you to her office and gently shutting the door behind her once they'd all left.

-

“ What happened yesterday, Y/n. " The moment you were alone, she dropped her voice to a hushed tone, losing her bubbly excited one in an instant as she huddled beside you carefully. She looked a bit more tired than usual herself, manicured hands gently moving to your tired face, cupping bruised cheeks with a concerned gaze in her careful brown eyes. “ I heard those wolves dragged you away… but I couldn’t find you anywhere… “ She spoke gently, being sure to keep a soft tone so as to not aggravate any headache you may have, thin eyebrows knitted together in growing concern as she gently held your face, cautiously guiding your chin this way and that to get a clear view of your bruised and irritated throat and jaw.

God.. I assumed the worst when I heard you had a run in with the nevers… but this?“ She whispered, her delicate fingers moving from your jaw and falling to your tightly wrapped injured arm, lifting it gently and letting her eyes take in the sight slowly. You cringed at her touch as it lingered against the worst of your injuries and you carefully tugged your arm from her grasp, tucking it close to your frame, out of her reach and view.