It's no doubt that Kageyama was a good player, but something in Kei was a little jealous...but of what? This is no different than all the other times that the coaches praised him for being outstanding, but something about it coming out of Y/n made Tsukkishima's blood boil, more than when the king was being annoying.

Tsukkishima looked at him every so often with his eyes squinted through his glasses. He hated it, and at the same time, he didn't know why. Tsukki was clearly tense and distracted, his body language reflecting his inner turmoil.

He shifted and moved restlessly as he watched Kageyama, his mouth twitching in irritation. His brows were furrowed and he clutched his volleyball tightly, as though he was ready to take out his frustration on the ball.

His eyes were fixed on Y/n, who was talking to Kageyama, and Tsukki's mind was somewhere else. He couldn't focus on the game at all, and the pressure was beginning to build up inside him like a ticking time bomb ready to explode.

As the 2nd set unfolded something sparked in Tsukishima which made his performance, once in a while during the set he would glimpse over at Y/n to see if he was watching. This confused him, why did he need to know if Y/n was watching? Nothing was matching.

Tsukki's improved performance in the second set caught Y/n's attention,

"Nice block Tsukki!" Y/n yelled, clapping right after.

Although Kei hates it when another person other than Yama calls him, he gets irritated. But something about it coming from Y/n in a tribute way made him feel...pleasant?

Tsukkishima looked over so fast when his name was called, and so did other players. No one called him that. Kei and Y/n locked eyes for a moment. Tsukkishima no longer had his cold and dim expression, it was more surprising but in a good way.

His eyebrows were raised making his glasses move along with them. He stopped for a moment. As they latched the world around them also seemed to come to a halt. Y/n gave him a smile with 2 thumbs up, Tsukkishima's heart stopped, and it didn't return till someone called his name.

"Tsukishima!" Someone called.

It snapped him back to reality, looking back to the net other players were confused but didn't say anything. He rubbed his eyes and went back to focusing on the game, a mixture of adrenaline and confusion.

Y/n noticed, don't think he didn't. Why did it surprise Kei so much though? Y/n was confused but continued to cheer him on during the rest of the set. Realizing how much of an effect it had on the tall boy, Y/n could only come to conclude that Tsukkishima did better with it.

Y/n made sure to give him plenty of compliments as the set unfolded. Though Tsukki tried to mask his emotions, something inside him couldn't help but feel a slight sense of joy and pleasure as he heard those words of praise.

The smile he let out, though small, was genuine and unexpected, and for the first time in the game, there was something other than tension and frustration on his face. However, Tsukki quickly tried to hide his smile and put on a more neutral expression.

Tsukki's heart was still racing and his mind was all over the place as the second set continued. He was still feeling that strange mix of emotions, and the words of praise from Y/n were still making him feel both anxious and pleased at the same time.

He found himself unable to focus and unable to keep his thoughts straight. He tried to put on a neutral expression, but the feelings were still there, deep down. As the set progressed, the tension between Tsukishima and Y/n continued to build, and the air was thick with emotion and unspoken feelings.

The 2nd set ended with Tsukishima's side winning. Kei was out of breath, running back and forth for the ball, making sure he passed it with precision. It was the adrenaline in his blood that won the 2nd set. Another break was needed and Y/n went up to the tall blonde this time.