Chapter 5

134 AC,  DRIFTMARK

134 AC,  DRIFTMARK

It's been six years since the ordeal at Driftmark.  Baelys is still living at Driftmark.  Corlys has been away for years and now he's back but in critical condition.   Baelys Stands next to Rhaenys as she sit on the driftmark throne speaking with the maester, on the other side of the throne is Baela who lives at Driftmark now aswell as Rhaenys's ward.  

"I must know, will he live?"  Rhaenys asks the maester.   "He led his sailors into ambush, a ship made to look like it was abandoned, in the fighting, his neck was slashed by a corsair's dagger.   He fell overboard into the sea.  The wound was severe, much blood was lost.  But the greater concern is the fever that followed.  The ship's maester said he burns from within."  The maester tells her.   Both Baelys and Baela looks at their aunt and grandmother with sympathy.  

"The raven came in from?" Rhaenys asks the maester.  "Evenfall, princess."  he answers.  Rhaenys nods.   

Baelys sees behind the maester in the dark stands someone she hasn't seen in years.   Her father, Vaemond Velaryon.    She feels frozen, she can't pull her eyes off him.   

"Let all be made ready to recieve him, maester Kelvyn."  The maester nods and walks out.  

"The sea snake is strong."  Baela tells Rhaenys.    "No doubt."  Vaemond says as he walks closer to them.   He is her father but Baelys feels so uneasy around him.  

"And yet i have seen blood fever overcome men half his age."  He continues.  "I will not suffer the talks of crows in my house, Vaemond."  Rhaenys tells him.   

He looks at her.  "I love my brother but we must be honest with ourselves.  We may greet his ship to find him gone.  And who will take the driftwood throne?"   

"My grandmother seems quite comfortable here"  Baela comments.   "She presides only in the absence of her husband. On his death, the seat passes.   Vaemond answers.  

"To Lucerys Velaryon. As is my lord husband's desire."  Rhaenys answers.  "I am the sea snake's own blood, the closest kin he has left."  Vaemond tells them. 

  Baelys knew by saying that her father was close to do treason.   Rhaenys smiles.  "Careful good-brother, one could take your words for treason."  

Vaemond is not happy with that answer and take the stairs up to the throne, to Rhaenys.  "I speak the truth, Rhaenys and you know it."    Rhaenys looks down.  "The matter has been decided."  

"By a man whose ambition has brought down on us calamity and calamity.  My brother only cares for the history books but what of the Velaryon line?  If it shall not be me, it should be my son Daeron Velaryon.  He is a true Velaryon, unlike those Strong boys."  

Baelys was shocked, he had put her brother to claim Driftmark.  

"It's mine by right.  As much as i would want your support, i don't need it."  Vaemond tells Rhaenys who doesn't say anything.   He looks at Baelys.  "Daughter, follow me i need to speak with you."  

Baelys looks at Rhaenys who nods and with that she follows her father but before they walk out the throne room  Rhaenys speaks up.  "My cousin, the king will have your tongue for this."  

Vaemond turns to look at her.  "But it's not a king who sits the iron throne these days good-sister, it's a queen."  With that Vaemond takes his daughter's hand and they walk out.  

Vaemond turns to Baelys when they are out of the throne room.  "Daughter, how old are you now."    Baelys looks at her father worried.  "15, father."    He nods.  "That's right which means is time to find you a husband."    Baelys is scared but nods.   "Don't worry, i will find someone suitable for the hand of the daughter of Vaemond Velaryon.  Because don't forget, you are my daughter."    She nods.  Vaemond starts walking away but then turn back to her.  

"Baelys."  She looks up at him, she hasn't heard him speak her name in years.  "Yes?"   He looks at her.   "I will expect you at court when it's time."    She doesn't need to ask what, she knows.  The trial of the heir to Driftmark.    She nods and  her father walks off.    

She sighes, she need to speak with Baela.  

Baelys is in her room waiting for Baela.  The door opens and she sees her.  She sighes in relief "Baela."  Baela closes the door and they pull eachother into a tight hug.   Baelys pull away.  "I can't believe he would do this, question Luke's legitimacy."    Baela caresses her hands.  "Are you really suprised?"   Baelys sighes.  "Not really but to drag Daeron into this?  when Daeron is..."  She takes a deep breath.  "Daeron will not be able to handle this."    She looks at Baela.  "We need to write to Princess Rhaenyra and your father."   Baela nods.  "I agree."  

Baelys pulls Baela into another hug, Baela always know how to calm her down.  "What did your father wanna speak with you about?"   Baelys sighes.  "He thinks it's time for me to find a husband but i'm afraid he won't care if my husband treats me poorly."  

Baela looks at her. "He is your father, i'm sure he would care."  Baelys looks at her.  "Baela, my father has not cared for me since my mother passed away, that's the whole reason i'm here.  He can't even look at me."  

Baela takes her hands in her own.  "No matter what happens i won't let anything bad happen to you."  Baelys answers with kissing her on the lips.   Baela kisses her back right away.  

They pull away and put their foreheads onto eachother and takes a deep breath.  "I love you." Baelys tells her.  Baela smiles.  "I love you too."  

KING'S LANDING

Vysenna, 16 and heavily pregnant laying in bed.  She feels someone caresses her arms, she open her eyes and sees Aemond, her husband.

She smiles.  "Good morning."  He kisses her on the lips and pulls away slowly.  "Good morning, how are you?"   She takes a  deep breath.  "Very pregnant but i'm good."   He smiles and caresses her belly.  "To think that very soon Aemma and Haena will have a little brother or sister."  

She smiles "Yes."  Aemond smiles at her and starts kissing her neck and as much as she would love that, they have no time.  She pushes him away.  "Aemond, you need to go.  You have practice with Cole."   He looks at her and caresses her cheek.  "I love you."  He whispers.  She smiles.  "I love you too."   Aemond gets up out of the bed and puts on his clothes and walks out.  

Vysenna lays down smiling.  Suddenly the door opens which makes her jump up and she sees one of the handmaidens.   "Princess Vysenna.  Your mother Princess Rhaenyra with your brothers Jacaerys, Lucerys and Joffrey Velaryon and her husband Daemon Targaryen has arrived."  

She smiles happily.  "Let it be known to my mother that i want to see her."  The handmaidens nods and walks out.   Vysenna hasn't seen her mother and brothers in three years.  

Act 2 is here!!  I hope you guys like this chapter and pls tell me your thoughts.