(SFW) Womanhood - Terzo x Teen Reader

Start from the beginning

As you gathered yourself and your sobs slowly started subsiding, you sat with your knees to your chest on the sofa. His room was slightly messy, a half-full bottle of red wine and two glasses sat on the coffee table, one of the glasses stained with red lipstick. The cushions on his sofas were scattered about but as always it smelt divine from the cosy smell of the flames fused with multiple luxurious scented candles placed around the room.

"Here you go dear." He softly smiled as he took you out of your tenace and handed you a steaming mug of hot cocoa.

"Thank you, Papa." You smile, wrapping your hands around the hot porcelain.

"You're very welcome Y/N." He noticed your tired, redeemed eyes downcast, soft sniffling noises still leaving your nose. "What you're experiencing is just a natural part of growing up sweetheart, it's ok to feel a little scared and confused but there's nothing to be upset about." He began gently. "It's called a period, and it happens to all girls as they start their journey into womanhood." He could see the confusion in your eyes, chuckling to himself, his teeth glistening in the light of the open flames which instantly soothed your embarrassment when seeing how unbothered he seemed by the topic. "Mi dispiace bambina, I'm no scientist but I'll do my best to explain. Inside your body, there's a special organ that you have called the uterus. It prepares itself every month in case a baby starts growing there. When there's no baby, the lining of the uterus sheds, and that's what you're seeing as blood."

"So this happens every single month?!" You exclaim with furrowed brows whilst you listened intently, absorbing this newfound knowledge.

"I'm afraid so dolcezza." His eyes crinkled with amusement as he chuckled at your reaction, getting up from the sofa and patting your head before excusing himself again. The noise of him rummaging around the in the cluttered drawers of his bathroom fought over the sound of the crackling fire before he returned holding something. "I keep some of these here just in case any of my dear Sisters may need them." He said kindly, showing her the sanitary pad. "These will help you stay clean and comfortable during your period."

"Th- thank you Papa." You stared at the pad in your hand, your brow furrowing with uncertainty.

"Are you still feeling a little confused, carina?" He gently asked. You nodded, your cheeks flushed.

"I'm so embarrassed." You mutter beneath you breath, feeling his hands tilt your chin back to meet his gaze.

"No, no, no embarrassment here cara. It's my job to keep you safe and healthy, is it not? Don't worry I know this is all a bit overwhelming, but it's nice and simple, watch." He demonstrated how to open the pad slowly. "Then you stick the sticky side to your underwear, and it will absorb the blood. Change it every few hours to stay fresh and clean."

"Ok, I think I've got it." You trembling hands took another unused one from him.

"Go and do that for me, and we'll finish our drinks and have a little chat before you go back to bed ok?" He held onto your shoulder gently as you nodded. "That's my girl. Just give me a shout if you need anything darling."

You closed the door behind yourself in Terzo's vast and opulent bathroom, taking a deep breath before doing as he'd asked. You felt your eyes welling with tears again, unsure of where they were coming from, and why they were coming in the first place. You eventually emerged feeling a little more at ease but still emotionally fragile, though seeing Terzo sitting on the sofa with a warm smile instantly calmed you.

"There she is. Come here, Y/N." He invited you over; it was an invitation that you didn't hesitate to accept.

You practically ran into his open arms, cuddling up to his side and burying your face into his chest. He pulled you closer, cradling you like you were small again. He always smelt the same, the scent of his signature cologne and the incense burnt at mass- it instantly comforted you. You dampened his perfectly pressed shirt, your tears soaking his chest, but he didn't mind if it meant calming you down.

"I know sweetheart, I know." Terzo gently stroked your hair and spoke to you in a hushed tone. "I'm so proud of you, Y/N. You've grown into a remarkable young woman." He held you a little tighter, and his eyes sparkled with a glimmer of nostalgia as he continued. "I remember when you were just a tiny baby, so fragile and precious." He mischievously smiled and ran his hand through his slightly salt and peppered hair. "You know, I was still youthful and handsome back then. It's you and all the other children who are responsible for these grey hairs." He teased.

"Well somehow you pull it off well." You politely reply with a grin tugging at the corners of your lips. "Thank you again Papa...for tonight and for always being there. You're the best makeshift father I could ever ask for." You gently tease making the man chuckle, his infectious toothy grin making your own lips curl into a smile.

"Anytime dolcezza. I'll let Sister Ruby know if you're ok with that?" He looks down, now a serious tone to his voice. You nod, indicating you're ok with that. "She'll be able to help you and explain it all better for you ok?"

"Ok." You sleepily say, cuddling back up to the warmth of his chest.

Exhausted by the rollercoaster of emotions and events that night, you slowly started to drift into a peaceful slumber, nestled in his strong arms. The faint smile on Terzo's lips as he watched you sleep spoke of the deep affection he held for all the children under his care.

With great care he lifted you into his arms and he cradled you, careful not to disturb your much-needed rest. He moved like a shadow in the night through the corridors, wary not to wake up any of the other siblings. Then, after reaching the orphanage dormitory, he gently laid you back in your assigned bed, tucking the covers cosily around you. He sat on the side of your mattress, brushing some hair out of your face for a moment, his soft touch making you sink deeper into your mattress.

"Are you okay now, my dear?" He whispered.

You stirred slightly, your eyes half-open, exhaustion still evident. Though you managed a tired nod, a weak but appreciative smile playing on your lips as he leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on your forehead. He knew you'd be just fine.

Before leaving, he took a moment to ensure you had everything you might need in the morning. He placed some more sanitary pads within your reach and left a bar of chocolate on your bedside table with a small handwritten note accompanied it:

Just incase you need it sweetheart! -III