The Berry Town

As Snufkin approached the bridge leading to the Moomin house, he could already see Moomin running to greet him and go on an adventure. He leaned against the railing and finished his tune as Moomin finally ran up to him.

"Snufkin! You're late!" Moomin frowned. "Hello to you too, Moomin." Snufkin replied nonchalantly, putting his mouth organ in his pocket. "Everyone's waiting for you and your stories! Oh, and Moominmamma made lunch!" Moomin was just beaming with happiness as he took Snufkin's paw and began to run towards the Moomin house.

...

Your hands reached for your map again, squinting your eyes as the darkness made the small letters hard to read. You should've reached the town before sunset, but a field of berries further back had caught your attention and taken up your entire afternoon. And also got you lost. You put the map away and began to speed-walk in the direction of the town, cutting through the forest.

You reached the town at midnight and went through the open gates, which were guarded by half-asleep soldiers. They didn't even notice you.

You walked and looked around, trying to spot an inn, so you wouldn't need to set up your tent. You were tired and too lazy to do that right now.

A small inn caught your eye. It was one of the few buildings that had lights on. As soon as you stepped inside, you were hit in the face by the strong smell of alcohol and tobacco. There were a few drunk guys by the bar and a few groups and dates at the tables. Although it was midnight, the inn was quite lively.

You took out a few coins and put them on the counter. "Good evening. One room for the night." The bartender and presumably keeper of the inn took the money and gave you a key. "Room 12." He pointed to a staircase that probably led to the rooms. "Thank you, goodnight." You walked towards the staircase. "Goodnight." The owner began to take a new order.

The room wasn't too shabby, but not the best you had seen either. It was quite small and narrow, with one tiny window. There was a dark wood bed and desk opposite of each other. The dark wood floors cracked as you stepped inside and threw your rucksack in the corner. You plopped down on the hard bed with a sigh. The bed creaked as well.

You began to undress, throwing your clothes on the floor and changing into new underwear and your shirt.

You took out your diary/sketchbook and a pen, turned on the oil lamp and began to write and sketch your day since you weren't too sleepy. You remembered the traveler that face planted right in front of you. Snufkin was his name or was it Snoofkin? You forgot. But remembering the way he just fell and the sound of his harmonica as he did so made you laugh. Although it wasn't nice to laugh, it was still funny. You began to sketch him.

After a little while, your eyelids felt heavy, and you decided that it was time to end the day. You closed your diary and put it with the pen back in your bag. The room immediately darkened as you turned off the oil lamp.

The mattress was hard, and the pillow and blanket were thin. Your sleeping bag was much softer, but you were too tired to get it.

You needed to go to the market tomorrow, you suddenly remembered.

After around two hours of turning and tossing, you finally fell asleep.

AN: I'm having a creative outburst, might make one more chapter. Once again, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.