Chapter 9 - The Incoming Sports Festival

Start from the beginning

"Iida, you have a unique way of getting fired up. It's weird," Tsuyu said bluntly. 

"Midoriya-kun, you don't feel the same?" Iida asked.

"Of course I do, it's just that..."

"Deku-kun, Iida-kun..." The two of them turned to face where the gruff voice was coming from, just to see Uraraka striking a pose with her game face on. It was a little menacing.

"Let's do our best."

U-Uraraka! Y-Your face! It's..." Izuku stuttered, scared. Uraraka raised her fist.

"Everyone, I'm gonna do my best!" She shouted, the others raised their fists and weakly said 'Yeah...' She turned to the others and shouted the same thing.

"Y-Yeah..."

"But what's wrong?"

"Her attitude is all over the place."

I smiled genuinely, ever so slightly though, at my classmates behavior towards the sports festival.

I pulled out my lunch and a book about Wind Breathing. I still needed to improve with my strikes and vigorously spinning my body in circles. I sighed as I remembered the Wind Hashira's harsh training he made me do. In the beginning when I started learning Wind Breathing, he would make me stand on a wooden top spinner, wind up rope until there was like nothing left, then spin me like he wanted me to empty out all of my insides. That was all just for training. Then he would repeat doing that to me around 25 times a day. I don't remember how many times I puked and ran into trees afterwards, but it just feels like too many...

I zoned out for a while when I was remembering my training, while absent-mindedly reading the book at the same time. My mother often praised me for my ability to multi-task while not even paying attention, and I didn't even know how I did it.

Then I thought about visiting my old trainers after the sports festival. They were probably still at the old mountain I met them at.

I could only do 2 forms of Wind Breathing. I shouldn't really use them during the sports festival, but they could be good for keeping opponents at bay.

-------

Afternoon classes were over, and students from other classes had crowded around our door, and as soon as someone opened the door, the noise broke my ears and I tried to use the meditation skills that the Water Hashira taught me to relax. I breathed in, then exhaled, opening my eyes, keeping my breathing regulated and at an even pace. This also helped me to block out extra noise that wasn't needed for my poor ears.

"W-What's going on?" Uraraka exclaimed, staring at the crowd outside.

"What business do you have with Class 1-A?" Iida asked as Mineta stepped forward.

"We can't get out! What did you come here for anyways!"

"Scouting out the enemy, small fry," Bakugou said as he walked towards the crowd. "We're the ones who made it out of the villains attack-"

"That's Kaachan in neutral."

"-They probably want to check us out before the sports festival," Bakugou finished as he stopped at the doorway. "Out of my way, extras!"

With a blank expression on my face, I stepped towards Bakugou and grabbed him by the collar.

"Wha- Hey! What do you think you're doing, Butterfly!?"

"Bakugou Katsuki..." I spoke to him in a menacing voice, a sadistically sweet smile on my face. "Don't you ever know to be kind?"

He glared at me and stayed silent. I let him go and pushed him towards Iida and said "All yours~."

I watched, smirking as Iida scolded Bakugou for calling the other students extras. 

"I came to see what Class A was like," A voice said loudly from the crowd. Looking towards the door, a boy with crazily wild indigo hair stepped forward. "But you seem pretty arrogant. Are all the people in Class A like this?"

Iida, Mineta, Uraraka, and Midoriya all shook their heads.

"Nope, that's just Bakugou." I pointed at the pomeranian.

"Shut up, Butterfly!"

"Seeing something like this makes me disillusioned. There are quite a few people that enrolled in general studies or other courses because they didn't make into the hero course, did you know that?

The school have left those of us a chance. Depending on the results of the sports festival, they'll consider moving some of us up to the hero course, and you guys down to general studies." Some of my classmates tensed at this information.

"Scouting out the enemy? All I can say, even if you're in the hero course, if you get carried away, I'll sweep your feet out from under you. This is a declaration of war."

'This guy is bold.' I thought as silence filled the area before someone spoke up.

"Hey! I'm from Class-B next door! I heard you fought against villains, so I came to hear about it! Don't get too full of yourselves!" The Class-B student shouted.

"You bark too much!  It'll be embarrassing for you during the real fight!" Bakugou shouted as he started to walk through the crowd, completely ignoring the Class-B student.

"Wait, Bakugou! What're you gonna do about this! It's your fault everyone's hating on us!" Kirishima shouted to Bakugou.

"It doesn't matter as long as you rise to the top." Bakugou said before he disappeared through the crowd without another word.

-------

The UA sports festival was in two weeks. It'll broadcast live on TV too. There is no doubt that those who do well have a much better chance at becoming pro heroes. We won't know what events we're facing.

I started to train every day, maintaining Total Concentration Breathing during morning, afternoon, night, and even while I'm asleep.

I raced around our mansion's garden, pretending I'm racing down the mountain. All of the obstacles here and there are stand-ins for the trees and boulders.

Kirishima asked to have a sparring match with me, so I brought my bokken to school and we sparred on the training grounds.

Kirishima sprints in front of me and tries to pummel with his hardening quirk. I parried all of his stirkes with my bokken.

"Take this!" He shouted as he launched another hit. I dodged low to the ground and knocked him off of his feet. I got up quickly and pointed my bokken at him.

"All right, that's 6-0," Ojiro said, keeping the score.

"Amazing, Kirishima couldn't land a single hit on her," Kaminari said while helping Kirishima up.

"That was a great spar, Kocho, even though I lost. You're really amazing," Kirishima said.

"You're amazing too, Kirishima. But if you keep working hard, you'll become even better than the version you are today." I told him.

"Right! Man, even your advice is manly!" Kirishima said before I turned towards the others.

"I'll go!" Sato stepped forward and we each took our own combat stances.

-------

P.S. Sato lost by getting the hilt of Y/N's bokken right in the stomach.