OS-1. Won't Let You Go

"Disaster Nullification Spell worked. I'm completely out of the effect of the Love Spell. I don't chase her, neither call her randomly, constantly. Everything returned to its place. Then why...why can't I stay still? Why can't I stand it, when he approaches her during her lunch break, or when she smiles at him, tucks her hair behind ear, or fidgets her fingers and taps her toe on the ground? Why can't I stay still seeing her working late night without dinner, facing misbehaviour from her colleagues? Why can't I ignore her, when civil complainants get rude to her and she says sorry knowing she is not at fault? Why?" Jang Shin-yu's desperate words spilled out from his mouth before the lady shaman, Eun-wol, who was giving him a sympathetic, yet knowning eyes.

It had been two weeks already since Lee Hong-jo and he last talked. Even during the official meets she never uttered a word out of professional circumstances. He tried messaging her several times, but got no response from the other side. She was avoiding him like a plague, just like they decided. However, he wasn't happy. Not to mention, he officially broke up with his girlfriend, Na-yeon. His father was upset; mother encouraged him.

He tried his best to reconciled with Hong-jo in many occasions. Sometimes he created opportunities to be collided with her. Needless to say, his luck didn't give him a helping hand in the plans. She dodged him like a pro player.

He couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't focus on anything but her rosy lips, mist brown eyes, and sandalwood fragnance. She dropped her handkerchief on her desk on the other day. He picked it up, kept in his chest pocket and brought it at home. Since then, he got addicted to its feminine perfume. He became a lost puppy without its owner.

"You wanted it. Then why now?" The lady questioned, cross checking something.

"Because it wasn't my choice in the first place. I was forced to love her under the spell. I was bewitched. Unlike now, I'm free to make my decision without under any influence of magic and stuff," Shin-yu replied; frown was still dominating on his handsome face.

She went silent, a quietness stayed between them. He was wondering about things, that she might have been thinking; she was eying him, intensely.

After a while she asked, "Do you know, how the spell works?"

"By drinking it obviously."

"Elaborate."

"The drinker gets enchanted by the potion maker just after drinking."

Lady gave a 'poor child' grin, and his intuition didn't take well.

After a suffocating suspense, she processed to enlighten him,"The spell doesn't work on people, who have no emotional wellness for the enchanter. It just stimulates the process of hidden emotions, that the people already have in their mind for the respective recipients. It just works as a catalyst."

Shin-yu's eyes shot opened; heart began racing faster; the skin behind his ears got rosy pink; mouth dried in anticipation.

"That means.."

"Yes, you already started falling for her even before the spell came into the picture."

°°°°°°°°°°

He didn't, when his car stopped in front of her house and when he began heading towards the main gate; even though she wouldn't open it for him. The lights were still on. He could see her gazing at the sky with those melancholic orbs. They had never spoken a word to him, neither joyous nor despair. He was an outsider, whom she never considered to let inside her world.

The night was long; winter was freezing cold; gentle breeze was kissing them both, gently.

He kept staring at her; she kept gazing at the crescent moon. In between the moment, he took an oath to himself for lifetime.

I'll amend for everything we miss, Hong-jo-ah. As I won't let you go from me anymore...

**************

[P.C. Owner.]

I'm addicted to this drug named, Destined With You.
Help! 🥲