007.

There she was. The girl with black pigtails, stood with a book in her hands. Adeline wandered over to her, with reddened eyes and a dazed smile.

'Hey, spooks.'

'Adeline.' The shorter girl nodded, not taking her eyes off of her book. 'You fell asleep before I could show you this last night.'

'Is that you?' Adeline said, her slender finger poking the book, looking at a girl who creepily resembled Wednesday. The said girl sighed, and lowered the book, closing it.

'I'm afraid so.'

'Weird.' Adeline muttered, turning around to listen to Principal Weems.

'All students will report for their volunteer jobs at ten a.m. sharp, followed by a community lunch at one.' The tall lady smiled. 'As you know, this year Outreach day culminates in a very special event; the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performances by Nevermore students. As representatives of our school, I trust you will all put your best face forward.'

Wednesday looked at the chattering students with distaste, a scowl on her face as she stood next to Adeline. The coach handed both of them a slip with their volunteer work on it, and a happy Enid came bounding up to them.

'Yes! I got Pilgrim World!' She said excitedly, eyes flitting between the two girls, one with a slightly softened dark gaze and the other with a warm one. 'I do have natural people skills and a love of performing, so it's kind of the obvi choice.' She continued. 'What's you get?'

Adeline unfolded her paper and studied it, the words not properly forming in her tired state. 'Uhh, what does it say, spooks?' She said, passing it to Wednesday. 'Pilgrim World.' The dark-haired girl said with a slight frown as she looked at her own card. 'Uriah's heap, whatever that is.'

Enid cringed. 'Ew. It's this weird, creepy antique store. You'll love it though!' Wednesday gave her a nod as she continued. 'I'm crossing my claws Ajax and I will be outreaching together!' She said as she bounded off, probably over to Yoko. Miss Weems approached the pair, and began to speak.

'Wednesday, don't worry about your cello. I'll have it brought to the town square this afternoon.'

The pigtailed girl seemed confused. 'My cello?'

'I caught your rooftop serenade the other night. Impressive. I volunteered you to accompany the Jericho High School marching band at the ceremony. I'm sure it won't be too challenging to play an uplifting Fleetwood Mac melody.'

'As long as you promise to hang me as a witch afterwards.' Wednesday said as the principal gave her a slightly disturbed smile.

'Uplifting Fleetwood Mac melody?' Adeline laughed after Miss Weems had left. The shorter girl gave her a glare. 'Would you like to be hung as a witch, Adeline?'

The half-panther shrugged and took Wednesday's arm, heading over to the purple school bus, stepping inside and taking a window seat near the back. She pulled the goth girl onto the seat next to her and leaned on the window, placing her headphones on her head.

★ ★ ★

The bus arrived in Jericho's small town centre, jolting to the side as it stopped, causing Wednesday's small frame to be shoved into Adeline's muscular shoulder. The fluffy-haired girl slowly took off her headphones and stuffed them into her bag, glancing at the other girl who had repositioned herself.

'Y'alright, tiny? She said, receiving an intense stare from the dark-haired girl. 'Call me that again and I'll introduce you to my guillotine.' Wednesday spat, flicking through the pages of her book.