CHAPTER 14 - THIS WEEKEND

Start from the beginning

The waiter froze before quickly ushering me to follow him. "R-right this way!" The man led to the more secluded areas saved for VIPs. 

"That table." Once the waiter left, my eyes landed on the dark blue haired man sitting at a 2 seater table near the window.

As I walked closer, the click of my heels caught his attention so he looked over. 

"My Eve, (F/N)." "Shindo-san." "Cold, please, call me Ainosuke." The man stood up and gave me a bouquet of flowers, red roses to be expect. "For you."

I hesitantly took the flowers and smelt them. "Thank you." 

Before I could pull out my chair, Ainosuke pulled it out for me and gestured for me to sit. I took a seat and he tucked me in before sitting down himself.

"What a beautiful and expensive restaurant." I started as I looked around. 

"Of course, only the finest can afford to eat at a place like this." I nodded slowly. A waitress walked over and gave us menus.

"My name is Sakura and I'll be your waitress for today. What can I get as a drink for you?" I opened the menu to the drink section. 

"I'll take a (F/D) please." The girl nodded at me. "And I'll have your finest wine." When the girl looked over at Ainosuke, I think I saw hearts in her eyes.

I had to suppress a giggle. "Alright then, Shindo-san." The girl tucked her hair behind her ears. -Oh wow.- 

"I'll be back with your drinks and then take your order." Once the girl left, I was able to laugh. "She was totally flirting with you."

The male in front of me leaned on the table towards me. "Jealous, my love?" I shook my head. 

"Why would I be jealous? Our relationship ended years ago." I saw a wave of emotions flash in Ainosuke's eyes. Before the man could speak, Sakura-chan came back.

"Here are your drinks!" Placing our drinks down, I saw her slide a piece of paper towards the man under his wine. -How slick.- 

I rolled my eyes. "So, Shindo-san, what would you like to eat?" "I'll have the Kobe beef wagyu steak with a side of greens." "Alright!"

Sakura-chan turned around without even asking me what I was gonna eat until Ainosuke called out to her. 

"You forgot the lady here!" Turning around, Sakura-chan looked at me with disgust before with a smile.

"I am certainly sorry I had forgotten about you! What would you like?" "I would have (F/F) please." "Right." 

After taking my order, she left. "That was rude of her to not remember you." I shrugged. "I was gonna call for her but I guess she was just distracted."

Ainosuke sent me a look. "Are you sure you're not jealous?" I sighed and nodded my head. "Positive, besides..." 

-I already have my eyes set on someone.- "There's nothing to be jealous of when I look like this." I smiled, feeling confident.

"Yeah, when you look like that, anyone would want to be like you." Back then, I would blush and all that but now, I felt nothing. 

"You really look beautiful today, my Eve. And you still kept the necklace I gave you." I touched the piece of jewelry around my neck.

It was a silver infinity sign with diamonds on it. "Yeah... I guess I did keep it." 

The necklace was a gift from the man in front of me when I turned 16. "Anyways, you seem more busy." I changed the subject.

"Yeah, I am a successful politician after all." "How's business?" "Strong as ever, ever since my father passed and I took over, the Shindo name became more prominent. Just like the (L/N)s." 

"My family's history is rich with politicians so it's not surprising for us to be a prominent name but I'm sorry about your father."

The name waved his hand. "I was in America when he passed so it's not a big deal." 

"I was going to attend the funeral but my father insisted that I stay in Tokyo and continue my studies." Ainosuke looked me dead in the eyes.

"Yeah, I heard from my father that you went to Tokyo for school to become a teacher. Why the change in profession? You would make a fine politician to continue the (L/N) name." I sighed and took a sip from my drink.

"It wasn't what I wanted deep down. At first I liked it, but as I grew older, the like went away." 

Before Ainosuke could ask another question, our food was placed on the table. Thanking the waiter and for the food, we started to eat. 

Half way through the meal, Ainosuke started to ask questions.

"So, did you get a boyfriend after me?" I shook my head. "No, I was too focused on my career and my future to date anyone else." 

-And I was too scared and afraid of history repeating itself.-

"I see. That's good." I raised my eyebrow at him but ignored what he said. Throughout this lunch, he was just acting out of it. 

Once we finished, Ainosuke asked for the bill. As I started to take out my wallet from my purse, the man placed his hand over mine.

"This is all on me." I shook my head. "No, at least let me pay half." The man shook his head and swiped his card. 

"I got it. I asked you out so I will pay for you." I placed my wallet back in my purse and stood up. "Thank you then, Ainosuke."

The man smiled before standing up as well. "It's not a problem." As I started to walk, what the man said next made me freeze. 

"My Eve, what happened to us?" I whipped my head behind me to look at the man. He had the audacity to ask me that. 

"Did you really ask me that? Do you remember what you did to me? After that loss against me, everyone went downhill. You started to turn cold, giving everyone the cold shoulder, our relationship got toxic."

As each word I spouted out, the closer I stepped towards the ex. "Until one day, I confronted you. 

As I spoke to you, you brushed me off and as I pressed on, you fucking slapped me!" I felt the wounds I had stitched up ripped.

"I was sick and tired of being the one trying to fix the relationship and broke it off. Do you remember now!?" I turned around. 

"You know, I missed the old Ainosuke I fell for." "I can change if you give me a chance."

Ainosuke grabbed my hand which made me rip it away from his grip. 

"I gave you one chance and once is enough. After what you placed my loved ones through, I could never forgive you." I felt tears slowly falling from my eyes.

I turned to the man. "Think of this as a closure for us, for you. Thank you for the happy memories you gave me and thanks for the lunch." 

With that, I left the restaurant, leaving the flowers at the table.

Once I entered my car, I drove away, letting the tears drip down my face. As I stopped at a red light, I grabbed a tissue and wiped my tears. 

"He's not worth your tears, (F/N). You're a free woman. You can do whatever the fuck you want."

Fixing my makeup, I went to the mall and went on a shopping spree and self indulged in things I wouldn't usually do. 

Tonight at 'S', I'm showing everyone a new side of (F/N), of Mona Lisa, that not even the people close to her have known about. I smirked to myself, feeling confident. "I can do this."