CHAPTER 12 - ADAM VS. REKI

Start bij het begin

Cherry and Joe looked at the boy. "Yeah, it was when we were in high school." 

"Back then when Adam and Mona Lisa were dating." "Why didn't she help us more if she beat Adam?" Cherry and Joe glanced at each other.

"Was she quiet though? Throughout the entire time?" "Yeah?" Looking back on the screen, both men sighed. 

"Adam skating reopens those wounds he created." "Winning against Adam was the start to the downfall of her relationship." Miya froze.

"Wait, what happened?" "Ask Mona Lisa. I'm sure she will tell you." Joe smiled sadly. "Just don't blame her for not teaching you guys so soon." 

Miya nodded with a small frown. "She might act all good but know, she's been through some messed up things."

As (F/N) skated, she caught up to Langa and grabbed the back of the motorcycle. "Mom?" "Can I tag along?" The woman smiled. 

"Yeah, of course." As she watched the beef on her phone, (F/N) watched as Adam let Reki go and went on ahead.

Just as it looked like Reki was giving up, everyone watched as he picked up the speed and passed the man. 

As a corner approached, everyone became worried since at that speed, he can't turn.

But when the turn was there, Reki pulled off the skill Miya was trying to teach them that day. 

(F/N)'s eyes widened before she smiled. "That's my baby!" Langa also smiled. "Reki!"

When the next turn came, Adam passed Reki by using a casper slide, making the crowd go wild. 

"Adam! Adam! Adam!" As the camera caught Adam's smirk, (F/N)'s body ran cold. "NO! REKI!"

Letting go of the motorcycle, (F/N) increased her speed to catch up to the 2 racing. 

When Adam was way ahead, shifting his weight to the back of the board, the top of Adam's deck was up while he turned around to face Reki.

With a fast approach, Adam placed the tip of his deck back down. "REKI!" Upon eye contact with Adam, Reki fell from his deck and was sent tumbling. 

"NO!" Passing Adam, she bent down and laid Reki down on her lap. "Reki!"

Langa pulled up right beside (F/N) and the redhead. "That was better than I expected. But nothing like an hors d'oeuvre." "Reki, baby, hey, talk to me please." Langa got off the bike. "Reki! Are you okay?"

Reki slowly opened his eyes. "Sorry, I lost." Taking out her handkerchief, (F/N) placed it on Reki's cut. 

"Don't talk now, honey." "Hey, it seems like the main courses are here." Langa turned around while (F/N) stared at Reki. The woman had tears in her eyes.

"We meet again, Langa, (F/N). I can finally skate with you and go on a date with you, (F/N)." 

Using Shadow's car, the man brought Reki, Miya, Langa, and (F/N) to the hospital. Everyone besides the redhead was waiting in the hallway.

Everyone stood or sat down while (F/N) walked up and down the empty hallway. When Reki walked out, everyone came up to him. 

"They said 2 weeks to full recovery. Everything is fine with my head though!" Reki showed them his cast as everyone let out a sigh.

"You're lucky getting out with just minor injuries." Reki walked up to Miya. "I'm sorry, Miya. I told you I'd win." "That's why a slime can't beat the big boss." 

Miya got up and started to walk away. "Though, I'll upgrade you to a golem or something." "What was that?"

Reki and Langa looked at each other. "He said you looked cool." Backing up, Miya yelled at Langa. 

"I did not say that!" "Huh? Japanese sure is hard." (F/N) giggled a little before Reki ran up to her and hugged her.

"I'm sorry I got you so worried." The woman smiled and hugged Reki back. "It's fine. Just mother instincts kicked in, you know?" 

Reki smiled. "Let's not fool around. We have someone up against Adam next." Reki pulled out of the hug.

"It's my fault. I rope you into this, Langa. You too, mom. You have to go on a date with your ex-boyfriend now." 

Miya, held (F/N)'s hand and squeezed it making the female look down. "It's not your fault. Beside..." Langa stood talking.

(F/N) patted Langa's head. "He's probably just tired. And Reki." (F/N) turned to the redhead. 

"A date with my ex-boyfriend can't be that bad." After getting dropped off by Shadow, (F/N)'s phone went off. 'This weekend, 12 pm @ XXX restaurant.'