For Who You Were

Third Person's POV:

Tubbo hummed, admiring the light rose pink tulips in his hands. He always adored and loved these flowers, their bright pink hue petals and light green sleek structure, smooth and delicate to touch.

A sight for sore eyes, he always said.

He sighed contently and rested against the firm oak tree he sat under. He gazed above, taking in the sight of the spring green leaves rustling in the gentle day breeze. Looking at the leaves, the color of them reminds him much of his old fern green buttoned t-shirt.

He smiled, he loved that shirt. It gave him a sense of familiarity and comfort, as well as his own mark that made him stand out from the rest. Now, he glanced down at himself, he wears a formal uniform.

A sleek pearl white shirt with golden straps, ivory white pants, yellow dyed leather shoulder pads, a long leather strap against the chest, a navy blue (unbuttoned) tail coat, leather medieval renaissance boots, and a big red ribbon around the waist. And to top it all off, a black tricorn hat with white around the edges.

A uniform he wears everyday, of course everyday has different pairs. He isn't going to wear the same pair more than twice. But he shouldn't focus on that right at the moment.

He stares back down to the flowers in his hand.

Pink tulips.

His favorite for as long as he can remember. Which isn't very far. He narrowed his eyebrows, he isn't very fond of talking about his early life. Not like he remembers. And that's what makes it hard to talk about.

He can't quite recall what happened.

He can't remember his family and that upsets him immensely. Why can't he? Why can't he remember who gave him life? Why can't he remember his own blood?

Why is all he asks, an answer is all he wants.

However, he won't ever know and he doubts he ever will. So what's the point in wondering the same question when he knows he isn't ever going to get an answer?

He shakes his head, he shouldn't focus on the past he feels he never had and focus on the present he was granted. He helped build and claim independence for a new nation and made many new friends----and enemies.

But that's just the way it is.

They broke off from the Greater SMP and declared independence, it was near impossible for anyone to not be against them. Especially since their new nation only accepts Europeans, which is wrong but Wilbur told him not to think about it too much. Aside from that, as of right now, they're preparing to fight for their independence soon.

And he wasn't sure if he was ready.

He's willing to fight for his friends, for Wilbur, for Fundy, for Eret, and especially for Tommy. He is his best friend after all. They've stuck together through thick and thin, they've been by each other's side that they're practically brothers. And to an extent, they are.

And even though he's willing, it doesn't make him less afraid of death. He tensed, he's been avoiding this topic for quite some time. He always tuned it out whenever he's surrounded by his friends when they talk about it.

At the moment, he's alone with his thoughts.

So, he tries to take his mind off it. He carefully caresses the flowers in his hands, so lovely, pretty, and lively. All flowers are, but he particularly likes these more.

Pink Tulips, they symbolize affection, caring, love, and good wishes.

He typically gives certain flowers, especially flower crowns, to his friends as a way of expressing his appreciation and gratitude towards them. Or, he will voice it whenever he has the opportunity to do so.