𝟎𝟎𝟔; burst pipes

Começar do início

"This is Luke," Annabeth introduced, blushing. Percy looked at her and then her expression hardened again. "He's your counselor for now," Loralai explained, giving Annabeth a knowing look. "For now?" Percy asked.

Patiently chiming in, Luke explained, "You're undetermined. They don't know what cabin to put you in, so you're here," he motioned to the area around him with wide arms, "Cabin eleven takes all newcomers, all visitors. Naturally, we would. Hermes, our patron, is the god of travelers."

Percy eyed up the section of flooring they had given him. He looked down at his Minotaur horn, then remembered that Hermes was also the god of thieves and decided against putting it down. 

Scanning the room, he looked around at the campers, some sullen and suspicious, some grinning stupidly, some eyes him as if they were waiting for a chance to pick his pockets.

The younger boy looked at Luke and asked, "How long will I be here?"

"Good question," Luke praised. "Until you're determined." Loralai was suddenly interested in the floor. "How long will that take?" Percy questioned. The campers all laughed and Loralai had a gleam of resentment in her eye as she fake-laughed along.

"Come on," Loralai told him. "Yeah, let's show you the volley-ball court," Annabeth insisted. "I've already seen it," Percy deadpanned. "Come on," Loralai muttered angrily, grabbing a tight hold of his wrist and dragging him outside.

When we were a few meters away, Annabeth said, "Jackson, you have to do better than that." Percy scratched the back of his head with his free hand. 

"What?" Annabeth rolled her eyes and mumbled under her breath, "I can't believe we thought you were the one." The brunette girl put her hands up in protest. "Woah, Annabeth. That was just you, I actually know Percy."

"What's your problem?" Percy was getting angry now. Loralai felt his hand tense under hers, quickly pulling away from him when she realized she was still grabbing his wrist. "All I know is, I kill some bull guy–"

"Don't talk like that!" Annabeth scolded loudly . "You know how many kids at this camp wish they'd had your chance?" The boy scoffed in disbelief. "To get killed?" Loralai glared at him and half-yelled, "To fight the Minotaur! I mean, what do you think all this training is for?"

The girl motioned to their surroundings.

Dozens of kids were by a lake, loading up their canoes for the day or sailing quickly across the lake. Sweat dripped off their faces as they puffed, their muscular arms rowing in unison.

Across the lake, there was a climbing wall. Pouring down it was lava, campers strained as they dodged the liquid and the boulders tried to trip them up. One kid, who looked about 10 year-old, fell down, screaming in pain. Percy flinched. A few campers rushed over to help him.

Behind all this training, all these muscles, were kids just trying to avoid being killed just for existing.

Percy shook his head. "Look, if the thing I fought really was the Minotaur, the same one in the stories..."

"Yes, Annabeth confirmed. "Then there's only one." Loralai hummed to verify. 

"And he died, like, a gajillion years ago, right? Theseus killed him in the labyrinth. So..." Percy said proudly, like he had just figured out they were lying. Loralai's fists went white, she was exhausted at all his questions. 

"Monsters don't die, Percy. They can be killed, but they don't have souls–" she explained. Percy interrupted sarcastically, "Oh, thanks. That clears it up."