Prologue

💔💔

💔💔

{2005}

{2005}

BLOOD SOAKED THE GROUND.

That was the first thing Camilla Donnelly noticed when her eyes opened. The second thing she noticed was the overwhelming smell of smoke that filled the room and she coughed before sitting up. Pain shot through her body but the young blonde chose to ignore it as she pulled herself up off the ground and staggered towards the entrance of the house, coughing as she desperately tried to escape the smoke that began engulfing the house. As she stumbled forward, Camilla tripped and slammed into the ground before turning and seeing the lifeless body of her Mum lying mere inches away from her and Camilla quickly covered her mouth to stop herself from screaming, inadvertently smearing blood across her face as she did.

"M-Mum," Camilla sobbed, as she crawled over to where her Mum lay and felt for a pulse. Behind her, she saw the body of her five year old sister and Camilla covered her mouth before standing up and stumbling out of the house, coughing as she made her way outside. As she got outside of the house, she saw a parole car driving up the street and Camilla stumbled down the driveway before hurrying to flag down the parole car. Almost immediately, the car came to a stop and an officer stepped out.

"Miss, are you okay?" The officer asked her, noting the blonde covering her hands, clothes and smeared across her face. Camilla shook her head as she choked back her tears before speaking

"I-I think my m-mum is d-dead," Camilla sobbed. Before the officer had a chance to answer, Camilla turned and made her way back towards the house before covering her mouth and tried to breathe through the smoke, which caused her eyes to start running. Not far from the door, lay the lifeless bodies of her mum and five year old sister, Elena. A short distance away, lay the bloodied, mutilated body of her father and Camilla let out a muffled sob as she went to enter the house when she was stopped by one of the officers, who entered the house and shook his head at the horrific sight in front of him. Blood smeared the walls, the furniture and the ground and inside lay four bodies, and the officer looked towards Camilla, who appeared seemingly uninjured but her arms and face were covered in blood and as Camilla wiped a hand across her face, the officer saw the cut on her hand.