✧Chapter.19✧

The cold air nipped at the tips of his ears and nose as he sat on the steps of the mansion. Puffs of his own breath clouded in front of him, almost like he was smoking again. It was a habit he really missed, especially in that moment.  What was he thinking pulling a stunt like that on her?

Too make it worse Ben of all people had to burst in at the worst time! Oh how he felt like strangling the little elf. Unconsciously he began to tighten his jaw on the lollipop, causing small shards to prick his mouth.

He was content with his new found life, strange as it is. He was quick to be nonchalant, aloof, and had no issues getting rid of silly feelings he ever had.

His mind and heart were entangled, constantly fighting a war. She was making it so difficult to bottle up his own emotions. In his thirty years of living did he ever have issues bottling things up? No. Yet something about her made him act out.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Stumbling out the back door of the mansion, Y/n scrunched the strings of her hood, causing the opening for her face to shrink. She needed to decompress, and if that meant somehow finding someone in the forest to murder than that's what she would do.

She was never the most fond of so called "killing sprees" or killing for fun. That was something Jeff would do or Clockwork. She rather get rid of people the boss had told her to. However right in that moment, shooting a bullet through someone's head sounded appealing.

Her face continued to glow bright red as she took a brisk patrol around the forest. The burning feeling in her cheeks deeply contrasted to blistering cold air that was outside.

Her leg was still a little junked up, but she moved as eloquently as she could. She was still mindful of the patches of icy mud or thick roots that may cause her to stumble. Lord only knows what Nurse Anne will do to her if she fucks up her leg even more.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

"Ben whats wrong with your face? You've been making that expression since this morning, it's kind of ugly you should stop it." Jane said judgingly. "I um–don't want to talk about it." he said with a grimace before gagging a bit.

Jane looked him up and down with that same look a disgust. "Whatever, whenever you see Y/n tell her to come see me. We need to resume training." Ben only dry heaved again when Jane said her name. This caused Jane to recoil and leave the dining room all together.

"I fucking hate elves." she muttered.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Y/n scoured around the forest as she began hiking up the trail towards the mansion. She had been out for about three or four hours by now and was almost out of bullets. Her boots were speckled with red, leaving slight colouration on the ice she stepped on.

She huffed as she almost slipped on some black ice before continuing on her treck back home. Whilst kicking some rocks here and there she noticed a small flake of snow fall in front of her. Looking up she watched as millions of little snowflakes began to dance around her.

She could admit it, this made her slightly happy, it was absolutely stunning. The ground was soon dusted in the powdery goodness, clear of any foot prints as of yet. Small rays of sunshine poked through the puffy clouds above, causing the ground beneath her to sparkle.

In the midst of her admiration for the snow she saw something move out the corner of her eye. Whatever it had been, it was well camouflaged for the snow. Uneasy, she opted out of staying in the snow and began walking on the trail up again.

What made her slightly pick up in pace was the other set of footsteps she began to hear. At first she played it off as her own, however after the first minutes of hearing the steps, they became unsynchronised with her own.

Her breath quickened as she continued to listen, the footsteps began to inch closer and closer. The sound of snow crunching beneath both sets of feet in the utter silence began to scare her even more.

Panic ensued, she swiftly turned around, she could barely see what she shot at. Whatever it was, it was fast moving. She couldn't see a face from how much snow there was.

However, she began to smile a bit more. Where whoever was following her was standing were streaks of red in the pure white snow. She had hit them!

Triumphantly, she continued onward, with a slight pep in her step. Whatever kind of sick fuck that has been stalking her for the last few months was shot and hopefully left for dead out in the now howling blizzard.

Let's hope whoever that was, is in fact dead. "I need to report this to the boss."

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~