Stupid only child syndrome.

"We have more urgent things. Prince Aegon, why do wish to spare Lady Appleton?"

"I actually would like to use her. Right now she's feeding our secrets to Mysaria. I suggest we keep her alive and feed her the wrong information. She'll be working for us without her knowledge."

He's very proud of his plan. Bloody mad genius as always.

"Hm. I doubt the white worm will trust her much longer. She lead you into her den. She's lucky she's still breathing. Mysaria hates loose ends."

"So that means it might be possible to turn her to our side. She's here on borrowed time."
Cregan circled the room while giving his two cents.

Aegon wanted everyone to shut up and hear his master plan without interruption.

"Talya won't betray her again. She has leverage over her. We need to find out what. But in the mean time, we'll let her wonder about and find some of our dirty laundry. It can't be all falsehoods or the white worm will know she's being conned. But just enough that we aren't in actual danger."

He sat on his most comfy chair when he delivered the last piece of his beautiful strategy. Grandsire would be proud. And the old cunt hasn't praised anyone bar Helaena for just existing or Aemond after he claimed Vhagar.

"That might work. But I could always take her face and lure the white worm to a place of our choosing. Dispense with all the theatrics and arrest our target." Edric Bolton finally made his presence to steal Aegon's thunder.

Take her face.

What the fuck is wrong with these northerners. Does one of them turn into unicorn. He honestly wouldn't be suprised if that happens.

"We'll get back to that option later. I need to get dressed. It'll take about three hours to do so comfortably. Just in time for the wedding. So off you go."

He closed his eye and sighed as the others left. He had no desire to witness Aemond's satisfied grin, Cregan's idiotic happy smile or Ned's cold smirk.

Couldn't they just admit his plan's perfection.

The burdens of ruling with such a judgmental council.

**

Aegon was letting his youngest brother drink some of his secret stash of Dornish Red when he caught the emerald eyes of one Cerenna Lannister. The daughter of the Warden of the West had her introduction to court about five months ago.

The Master of Coin Tyland Lannister had all but put her in he and Aemond's line of sight, to swindle a royal marriage from his House. No doubt if Lord Jason had another son except Loreon who's still a swaddling babe, then he'd also try and court his sister. Maybe the groom to this wedding could be vastly different.

Looking at Helaena's easy smile as she's being twirled by a heathen northman, he dislikes that prospect very much.

But Aegon himself isn't formally betrothed. His mother and grandfather have high ambitions of turning the Velaryons against his half-sister and uncle. No such visions are concrete yet.

So he's naturally being a good politician by asking the lovely maiden for a dance. That her golden curls remind him of the shimmering scales of Sunfyre is honesty just a bonus. His mother probably envies the color of the girl's eyes anyhow.

"Drink up Daeron. I'm off to fulfill the duties of the heir." He clapped his brother on the back before leaving.

"Flirting with Lady Cerenna is truly a chore. How you must suffer for the benefit of the realm."