Ch 12: 'Hungover You'

Start from the beginning

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "I guess it shows how far I've still got to go..." 

All Might: "...Frankly, I don't have much time left as the symbol of peace. As I am sure you noticed out there." [Sighs] "Unfortunately. There are also villains who are noticing that as well." 

Just hearing that caused me to clench my fist as All Might abruptly turned around to point at me. 

All Might: "I granted you my power, because I want you to succeed me. You have your own goals, such as I did. You want to make this world safe, so that people can rest easy in their homes without having to worry about the evil this world carries. You still feel that way, don't you?" 

Of course, I do. 

All Might: "Then if you do, the time has come for you to show your commitment and determination. The U.A. sports festival is something pro heroes--No, the whole world, is watching closely. It's a big event! That is what I brought you here to talk about! You... The next symbol of peace...(Y/n) Midoriya... I want you to go out there and tell the world... You are here!" 

--The Next Day-- 

Midnight: "The U.A. sports festival is in two weeks! Of course, joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience and popularity. One chance a year. A total of three chances. No aspiring hero can afford to miss this event. If you understand that, then don't slack off on your preparations!"

"Yes, Ma'am!" 

The loud cheers flooded the air. Well, from everyone but me. My focus was more so on the clouds outside. But even as my gazecaught out the white specks in the blue sky, my mind was still repeating All Might's words. 

"I want you to go out there and tell the world... You are here!" 

I originally planned to just skid through the festival. Not really going over the top. But now it seems like I might have to focus on winning. Even so, I still don't plan to put my all into it. Here's hoping my Quirks will be enough to get me through it. Still... 

(Y/n): [Mutters] "Show them I'm here, huh?" 

The final words that came from my mouth before the sound of the school bell echoed. I was only given a brief second to enjoy the news that the school day had finally come to an end before the heavy weight of Bakugo pushed against my side. The blonde leaning against me as a hearty smile found his lips. 

Bakugo: [Yawns] "About time class ended, right, (Y/n)?" [Whacks your chest] "Hey, wanna go get something to eat from the burger place down the street? You can buy them~" 

(Y/n): [Chuckles] "Me? What about you? Where's your money?" 

Bakugo: "I spent it! On that game, remember? But, hey! Buy me and a burger and we can both play it later~" 

I knew the first second Bakugo mentioned getting something that we'd need to pay for, that I'd be the one paying. Though, that was kinda the roles in the friendship. I would buy the food and such, and Bakugo would bring that energetic goofiness that'd make perfect use for eating the food as I watch him pick a fight with some random guy. It was a two-way street.

Kirishima: "Hey, you guys are going to getfood? Can I come?!" 

Kaminari: "And me!" 

Ashido: "Oh, I want food!" 

Sero: "Food sounds awesome!" 

Bakugo and I just glanced at each other before nudging our shoulders. That was enough to excite the others. Afterwards, however, I sent my gaze over to Uraraka's desk. She was currently packing up her things to leave. In the moment Iremembered what we had talked about yesterday.