Without A Trace

Începe de la început

He paused for a second. "Let me put it this way... The destruction...of Paris's landmark...at its max."

I recoiled by his predictions. "What do you mean?"

"I keep having this dream, Thea. Before I wake up every half an hour last night, I had a vision...a vision where the Eiffel Tower was demolished. It's legs were blown up, then it fell into the river Seine. That's why I couldn't stop thinking that the device the woman planted was an explosive...and where it disappeared to. It seems illogical; it poofed like Flight MH370! Without a trace!"

I let my breath out. "Don't worry so much, kiddo. We'll find that device."

"I know we will...I'm just afraid we couldn't find it in time."

Suddenly, after ticking its final seconds, the egg timer went off. "Looks like your sauce is done," I alerted.

"Get the plates from the top cabinet. I'll serve our breakfast."
__________________________________________________________
1239 hours
Few hours after breakfast
Approx. 8 hour till event

My Perspective

After the heavy breakfast, the others dispersed to places inside the property. At the moment, Trap decided to have a little more pasta, the Thea Sisters went to the underground level to take a tour guided by J-Son, Benjamin and Pandora stayed at the living room for a few rounds of my latest video game, Fields Of Battle 3: The Rise off The Dark, and joining them was me and Geronimo. There, I decided to do a little bit more on the sketching I mentioned. It was almost complete, all I had to do was the shading.

Geronimo was busy tapping the keys on his keyboard, writing another chapter of his new book until he noticed what I was drawing. "Who's that you drew beside Thea, Danny?" he asked, peering over.

"I can't tell you, she told me not to..."

"If it's a secret, I think I can respect that..." He continued to go on with typing.

Just as I took a last stroke of the pencil to finish the drawing, Thea appeared from the kitchen. "Is that supposed to be...me...?" she began.

"Yup..." I answered.

"And..Marco?" She froze again.

The picture I drew was actually Marco and Thea standing side by side. "Mmm-hmm," I mumbled.

"Oh thank you Dan!"

"It was no problem, just a hobby-" I was cut off by Thea giving me a bone-crushing hug without warning. "I...can't...breath!"

She never noticed that we weren't alone to discuss about Marco. "Marco?" Geronimo questioned.

"Who's Marco?" Pandora asked.

Thea stopped gripping harder and froze again. "Darn it..." she muttered.

Being able to breath again, I proceeded with my point. "Gahhh...okay. Before you say anything, I didn't blow the secret out, you did."

"Care to introduce us to this Marco?" Geronimo interrupted, curious.

"May I, Thea?" I said.

She gave a heavy sigh. "Go ahead..."

"His name is Marco Rodenski-"

"Marco Rodenski? The multiple-time New Mouse City Surfing Champion?" Geronimo said, wanting me to confirm.

"Yes, and it was pretty much love in first sight. You see, I took Thea to this coffee shop at Cuisine Avenue, and Marco was the bartender. He came out from the back after taking out the trash, then...it happened."