Chapter 10- Identity

Start from the beginning

The audience was all muttering and mumbling amongst each other. Y/n looked up at Lyney with a sad expression, that reeks of "I'm sorry, I couldn't help".

"Permission to speak, your honor!" The Traveler slightly shouted, in order for them to be heard.

"Granted."

"My defense cannot cannot proceed."

"In that case, what is your request?"

"I request a brief adjournment. There are things that must be discussed."

"Is that really necessary? They're as good as guilty!"
"The defendant decieved their own attorneys. What is there to discuss?!"

"Order! Order! I say!" Neuvilette spoke then turned back to th Traveler, "Your request is reasonable and we shall adjourn. This trial will reconvene in one hour." Neuvilette stated.

"Heh, so you'd stick to Mr. Lyney's defense after knowing what you do know? You certainly do have more professionalism that I thought" Furina teased, as the Traveler just glared at her.

The Traveler immediately stormed down the steps, and went backstage, followed by Lyney and Lynette.

Y/n was standing at the back of the opera house, near the doors, and leaning on one of the poles. The moment they stepped foot into the room, Y/n went after them.

She stood outside for a little bit, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Well... This is awkward. I didn't think Lady Furina would dig all that up. I'm sorry, Traveler and Paimon." Lyney sighed, slightly rubbing the back of his head.

"Yeah... Sorry.." Lynette added, looking to the side.

"Wuh- Paimon doesn't even know where to start! We trusted you two! We based our entire reasoning based on the assumption you weren't bad guys!" Paimon slightly shouted, "Not to set the wrong tone or anything, but Paimon's really mad!!"

"I'm very sorry. I know you're mad, and reasonably so, but let me explain" Lyney pleaded, "I know you've clashed with the Fatui several times before. But our organization is very, very large, and the Harbingers have very different personalities and goals."

"Right now, we want to save people... as many as we can" Lynette stated, looking at them and begging them to understand

"I'm sure we're on the same page when it comes to this nation and the disasters it might face. And I'm sure we would've become good friends if it weren't for our respective identities.. That's why I didn't wish to flat-out-lie to you, but chose to hide some details instead.."

"But how do we know this is all not just another lie?" The Traveler asked, his tone is slightly that of aggression.

"That's right. You be the judge. Heck, if I were you, I'd find it difficult to trust me at this point. But still, I ask you to trust me. I am no criminal... at least, not in this case.."

Y/n sighed, leaning on the doorframe from outside while staying still and eavesdropping. As soon as Lyney started talking about where he went during the trick, Y/n lost all her interest. She did not care about the Oratrice and its core.

(Also because the author was too tired to write the rest)

"It was never my wish for things to proceed under this cloud of mistrust either... But like I said earlier, you can be the judge. If you want to leave because you don't trust the Fatui, there's nothing I can do to stop you"

"I believe in the facts. I will defend you from these charges" The Traveler said, loosening their arms up so they are no longer crossed

"Alright. Thank you.." Lyney slightly smiled in a grateful manner