Chapter 10- Identity

Start from the beginning

"Haha, that's the right attitude. Feeling depressed isn't going to help me now, I need to get back to my normal self." Lyney giggled, "Since the Gardes are watching our every move, it'll be especially hard for Lynette and I to prove our innocence, good thing you agreed to be our attourneys. We'll be counting on you." 

"I won't let you down" The Traveler smiled, giving both Lyney and Lynette a nod.

"Yeah! Just leave it to us!"

With that, the Traveler and Paimon set out to investigate the crime scene.

It was the day of the trial. And saying things were going smoothly would definitely be a lie. The trial was still far from over, and it was definitely not going well for Lyney and Lynette. All matters, everything that happened, all the evidence, was pointing at them and calling them Guilty.

"Of course, I have armed myself to do far more than just smash your alibi. Confidence cannot go unfounded, and my foundations re rock-solid" Furina stated, her hands on her hips, "Tell me. Aren't you and Lynette actually from the House of the Hearth?!"

The Traveler and Paimon were flabbergasted by the new information, "The House of the Hearth?!"
"They're... Fatui?"

"No wonder they'd do something like this!"
"So the serial disappearances were all the Fatui's doing. It all makes sense now"
"I've got a feeling that what happened on stage wasn't just an accident"

And a blue light lit up on the Oratice.

"That's irrelevant. Our identities have nothing to do with what happened"

"Indeed. Then perhaps you could tell us everything that happened during that one minute. Your first priority is to prove yourself innocent afterall. I'm sure there is little to be kept secret now... Unless your script already has holes in it..."

"Lyney, why didn't you tell us this before?!"

"Order, order! Mr. Lyney, allow me to re-establish two points Ms. Furina raised. First, when the thud was heard in the Opera house, you were neither in the box nor the tunnel. Second, you and Ms. Lynette are both members of the House of the Hearth" Neuvilette asked a question following the statements Furina raised, "Are these claims true?"

Lyney sighed, his eyes turning towards Lynette, seemingly asking what to do now. The Traveler, on the other hand, was deep in thought, with a stern and serious expression all plastered onto their face.

"Please answer my question, Mr. Lyney!" 

"I'm sorry..." Lyney sighed, looking at the Traveler before turning his head and gaze back at Neuvilette, "Yes. They're true, your honor"

With that, the Oratrice shifted again. Lyney was as good as guilty by now.

"I knew it!"
"Well, that's it. We might as well move onto the sentencing already."