After finishing their lunch and engaging in conversation, they headed to their respective classes.

___

Time passed quickly, and it was time to go home.

They bid each other goodbye and headed to their homes.

On the way, Taehyung couldn't stop smiling as his happiness and excitement to see his stepbrother grew.

Finally, Taehyung arrived home and eagerly opened the front door.

Upon entering the living room, he spotted his father and quickly ran towards him, embracing him tightly.

"Appa, I missed you," Taehyung murmured.

Earlier that morning, Taehyung hadn't seen his father because his father had gone to the airport to pick up his stepbrother. Taehyung loved his father dearly, and not seeing him would always make him feel sad.

After his mother's passing, his father became everything to him, and he cherished their bond.

"I missed you too, pup, and guess who's here," Mr. Kim said softly, breaking the hug and gesturing towards the couch.

Taehyung's eyes followed his father's hands and caught sight of his stepbrother, Jeon Jungkook.

Jungkook was seated on the couch, dressed in a stylish black outfit that made him look incredibly handsome.

Taehyung, unable to contain his excitement, waved his hand as he approached the couch, with Jungkook responding with a warm smile.

"You two stay here and get to know each other while I go take care of some things," Mr. Kim said softly, smiling at both of his sons before heading upstairs.

As Taehyung's father left, a sense of discomfort settled in, intensified by Jungkook's piercing gaze that seemed to be fixed on him.

Taehyung had always longed for the opportunity to share his thoughts and experiences with a sibling, especially since he didn't have any before. But now, with his stepbrother right in front of him, Taehyung found himself unable to utter a single word, feeling overwhelmed by the weight of the moment.

Taehyung sat there in silence, nervously fidgeting with his fingers, only offering a smile from time to time when his gaze met Jungkook's.

But the silence was soon broken as Jungkook spoke up, breaking the awkwardness.

"Don't you want to talk to me?", he asked.

Taehyung stammered in response, "N-no... y-yeah, of course." Gathering his courage, he finally dared to ask, "So, h-how was your journey from America to South Korea?", Taehyung looked at Jungkook, who was sitting opposite him on the couch, hoping to initiate a conversation.

"Not bad," Jungkook replied with a chuckle, still maintaining eye contact with Taehyung, who was avoiding his gaze.

"Is that all you wanted to ask?" Jungkook questioned, noticing Taehyung's silence once again.

Before Taehyung could respond, they were both interrupted by Marina (Jungkook's mother) entering the room with a tray of coffee.

"Oh, Tae baby, you're here!" Marina exclaimed, diverting their attention.

Both Jungkook and Taehyung turned their heads to see Marina approaching them with the tray of coffee.

"Uhmm... yeah, Eomma," Taehyung responded, slightly flustered.

Meanwhile, Jungkook noticed the use of the term "Eomma" and realized that Taehyung now considered Marina as his mother, too, as they were now siblings.