Part 2: Blackout Drunk

Mercy and Ana tirelessly tended to the people of Junkertown, providing proper medicine and healing. As the day wore on, Mercy found herself yearning for a brief respite. She turned to Ana with a weary smile. "I think I'll take a break in the bar. You'll stay overnight to write the report, won't you?"

Ana nodded. "Of course, dear. Take all the time you need."

In the dimly lit bar, Mercy spotted Mako again, this time visibly drunk. She approached him, concern etched on her features. "Mako, are you alright?"

He simply looked away, ignoring the blonde doctor.

Undeterred, she sat down beside him and ordered the same heavy drink he was having. As the alcohol quickly took effect, she found herself laughing loudly, the center of attention in the bar.

Mako noticed the unwanted gaze on Mercy and, his embarrassment hidden behind his mask, quickly grabbed her, guiding her away to safety. A drunk girl in this place was vulnerable, and he wasn't about to let anything happen to her.

She could barely walk, but she managed to stammer out a slurred "Thank you."

He looked away, his face flushed behind the mask. "You're welcome, doc."

The next morning, Mercy woke up in her bedroom. Ana was already awake and ready, a knowing smile on her face."

Seems like a big guy with a gas mask carried you all the way here last night. You were blackout drunk, Angela," Ana teased.

Mercy's cheeks turned a deep shade of red as she placed her hands on her face, embarrassed yet touched by the gesture.