fulfilled

when you see "***" play the song above!
(song: apple cider by beabadoobee)

──────────────────

CHAPTER 6 - FUFILLED──────────────────

──────────────────

"DAY OFF! DAY OFF! DAY OFF!" Gojo and Shoko ran out of the black van that had escorted them from Jujustu High School to the summer festival in downtown Tokyo. Y/n and Geto followed behind them, Geto helping her out of the vehicle since her boyfriend and Shoko were too distracted by the nearby dango snack stand.

Wearing traditional kimonos, dressed to the nines, the 4 second year students were finally granted a day off for their hard work. A day of no school, no missions, and no chores. Just a day dedicated to having fun.

Y/n joined Gojo at his side. He handed her a stick of dango, the pink, white, and green rice flour spheres stacked on a wooden stick and coated in a sweet glossy sauce. "For you, baby." He smirked.

"Thank youuuu." She smiled as she took the treat. She leaned in him as he draped his arm over her shoulder, the two walking away from the stand to explore the rest of the festival.

I remember this day very clearly. I'm pretty sure that day was the happiest moment of my entire life. I got to spend a whole day with my best friends and the love of my life. Though it had only been 4 months since I met her, y/n was easily one of the most important people of my life.

"Yo, Satoru, try this!" Geto rejoined the couple with Shoko, holding out a small white cup and chopsticks. "It's ramen."

"My hands are full!" Gojo lips curved up, y/n in his right arm and a dango stick in his left. "You're gonna have to feed it to meeee."

"Oh well." Geto quickly turned around and him and Shoko began to eat it themselves.

"TRAITORS!" Gojo whined.

Shoko picked up a few noodles with her chopsticks and held it out to y/n. "Here, y/n! Try." She began to blow on the food to cool it off.

"TRAITORRRR!!!" Gojo gagged as he watched his girlfriend's eyes twinkled with excitement.

"Oh wow, thanks Shoko! Ahhh--" Y/n began to reach out and eat it, when Gojo leaned down and ate the ramen himself.

"MMMMMMM!" His cheeks went pink with delight.

"Hey!!" Shoko hissed, meanwhile y/n's mouth frowned.

"Satoru!"

He stood up straight again and looked down at her with dumbfounded eyes. "Hm? Oh did you wanna try some?"

Y/n's eyes narrowed. "Well--"

The arm that was placed over her shoulder, pulled her into him as he leaned back down and kissed her gently on the lips. She almost stumbled, but he caught her by pressing his own body into her while his arm had her locked into his chest. When he pulled away, his bright blue eyes admiring her. "...How does it taste?"

Shoko and Geto turned around and put a finger in their mouths. "BLEHHHH! Get a room!"

I remember how quickly time flew by that day. We were having so much fun that we lost track of it. I remember that I played nearly every booth game and won y/n a million different prizes. Her arms were so full of plushies that we had to call Mei Mei to send a car so we could send them back to the school.

I remember that Geto argued with a vendor who tried to scam him out of his money when he tried to buy us all fresh fruit.

I remember how Shoko had so much fun that she didn't reach for a cigarette once.

I remember at the end of the night, y/n and I rode the ferris wheel to watch the fireworks. At the very top, sitting in the carriage, we leaned into each other and held hands. She played with my fingers in her lap, and studied them one by one. While she did that, I kissed the top of her head so many times that I was certain I'd put a dent in it.

I remember the color of the fireworks, too. Because each color reflected off of y/n's skin so beautifully--

Purple made her look youthful.

Red made her look captivating.

Blue made her look angelic.

Yellow made her look ethereal.

Green made her look divine.

*** Y/n looked to Gojo, smiling. "This is the best summer ever."

He grinned and kissed the top of her head. "Oh yeah? How come?"

"Well for one, I'm with you."

"Well duh, that's a given!" He gleamed, making her chuckle.

"...But also...this is the first summer I've spent with friends."

Gojo went quiet, the sound of fireworks booming in the background.

"In the past, I was usually alone. So...Thank you...For being by my side." She whispered as she fell into him.

I remember the way I felt that day. I felt fulfilled. I felt fulfilled, because to y/n, I was someone she needed. I was someone who could be there for her. I felt fulfilled, because I could be by her side. Help her to not be alone. I felt so fulfilled. So wanted. So appreciated.

So...

loved.

⋆.ೃ࿔*: