Chapter 7- Rosseland

Começar do início

"Oh, hello. Did you need something?" She asked. Unlike the way she usually talks to Lyney, Lynette, and Freminet, with the soft and warm tone and all, her tone while talking to Cowell was the same tone she'd speak in to anyone. The same alert tone.

"Ah yes, I was going to ask if you'd like to perhaps switch jobs. You can take it easy for the rest of the day, as we've all seen you work so hard as a newbie." Cowell said with a kind smile, "I can finish up the box for you, and you can go rest."

"I'm good." Was all she said before picking up her screwdriver again and continued to adjust the piece.

Cowell chuckled then smiled at her warmly, "Y/n, I'm sure Mr. Lyney would want you to watch the show instead of working on this. I've seen how attatched he's gotten to you just now, so do him a favor and watch his hard work"

Y/n sweatdropped, "Okay? What are you trying to say?"

"That you should watch Mr. Lyney's show, of course!"
"That's not what I meant. What are you trying to do by doing my work? If you're trying to get me to owe you a favor, then forget it"

"A favor? Not at all! I'm just trying to raise Mr. Lyney's spirits before the show, so he can preform confidently!" 

Y/n sighed, put down her screwdriver, and got up from the floor, "I'm done anyways, so do whatever you want to"

She walked out of the Opera house and just took a deep breath of fresh air. Y/n looked up at the bright morning sky and smiled a little, knowing that she isn't so lonely anymore.

Her smile disappeared the moment she felt something fluffy around her ankles, so her eyes darted down to see.. Rosseland.

"Rosseland, what are you doing?" She asked the fluffy little black cat, who was purring and rubbing itself on Y/n's leg.

She blinked a couple of times, "You really are cute, you know that?" Y/n chuckled then bent down to pick Rosseland up and adjusted its little hat on its head. 

"Come, let's go back inside". Y/n smiled and Rosseland purred at her softly.

Rosseland was hanging down from Y/n's arms as they walked back into the Opera Epiclese.

"Rosseland!" Lyney's voice shouted out. Both the girl and the cat turned towards the voice only to see Lyney approaching them rapidly. He pinched the cat's cheeks and pouted at it, "I was looking for you! If you wanted to go cuddle up with Y/n, you could've told me!"

Rosseland mewed at him as both Lyney and Y/n sweatdropped, "Riiiiight... You're a cat.."

Y/n smiled warmly, "Lyney, I-"
"Look! It's Lyney and Y/n!"

A squeaky voice echoed through the room. Lyney and Y/n, and Rosseland turned towards the source of the voice to see the Traveler, Paimon, and Lynette walking through the doors.

Lyney smiled at them, then Rosseland jumped out of Y/n's arms, jumped on Lyney's head and disappeared into his top hat.

"Ah! Traveler and Paimon, good to see you! I knew you would come!" 

"Are you kidding? We wouldn't miss it for the world! We've been looking forward to it!" Paimon stated, as the Traveler next to her just smiled and waved at Lyney.

"Hehe, I can tell, judging by how early you've arrived" Lyney chuckled, "But you're actually right on time! Since the audience hasn't started entering the venue yet, we can take you to the best seats in the house! Right, Y/n- Y/n?" 

They noticed that Y/n suddenly disappeared. Lyney sighed, "Well, I guess I'll need to find her... But let me take you to your seats first"

Lyney then lead the Traveler and Paimon to their front-row seats while Lynette just went off on her own.

"Why are you hiding again?" Lynette asked Y/n, who was hiding behind a pillar. 

Y/n laughed a little sheepishly, "Ah..."

Lynette leaned on the pillar, "Do they intimidate you? I find them to be quite kind.."

"No, it's not that," Y/n shook her head and sighed, "How could a thief like me breathe the same air as someone like them..."

Lynette frowned a little then sat down next to the Y/n who was hugging her knees.

"Y/n, don't feel that way. You're here because you chose to leave that life behind, are you not?" Lynette rubbed her back, while Y/n looked like she's on the verge of crying.

Another sigh escaped her lips, "I sometimes wonder if you and Lyney are some sort of blessing sent to me from Celestia"

A slight chuckle was heard from Lynette, "I'm sure Lyney and I feel the same. Rosseland thinks so too,"

That moment, Rosseland emerged from between Y/n's thighs and gave her a cute little meow and a head tilt.

Guys look how talented my son is 🤧🤧 Im so proud of him (I literally miss him so much why do I gotta be on the other side of the planet 😕)