『 CHAPTER 33 』

Start from the beginning

"What do you think about this job [Surname]?" Tsurugi handed to you one of the pamphlets he had.

You took it. It appeared to be a librarian job in one of the city's public libraries.

"Oh, I think this one may be to your liking too, [Surname]," Yuuichi said on your right. He had joined you and Tsurugi for some fresh air outside, sitting in his wheelchair.

You mouthed a thanks to look over the other pamphlet. It was about an application of ghost writers. The signup process was to be done online.

Both jobs interested you. You told the two brothers that through your phone. While they shared smiles, Tsurugi's barely noticeable, you went ahead to screenshot the pamphlets.

You continued to sort through job application choices. Tsurugi had yet to narrow his choices down, but he was for sure not choosing the jobs that had him be a teen model or idol no matter how many times he enjoyed it when you told him he'll be well suited for it since he's handsome. (Well, he wouldn't tell you anyway that he wanted you to call him handsome all the time for the sake of just seeing you write it about him.)

The job discussions soon came to a halt when Taiyou barged in. He had snuck up behind to bear hug you. You almost dropped your phone when he leapt onto your back.

Tsurugi was more displeased than surprised like Yuuichi at Taiyou's appearance.

"What'cha doin' [Name]?" he asked, peering over your shoulder. "Is that homework?"

"Job offers," Tsurugi corrected. His fingers gripped the papers to avoid shoving Taiyou off you.

"Oh! Why are you looking for a job, [Name]?"

"It's none of your business."

"I asked [Name], not you Mr Eyeliner."

A shadow casted over Tsurugi's eyes. Yuuichi nervously chuckled. He tried to lighten up the atmosphere by asking who Taiyou was.

"Amemiya Taiyou's the name! Nice to meet you. I'm friends with [Name] here, and also Tenma if you know him!"

"Tenma?" Tsurugi raised an eyebrow.

You signed to him that Taiyou and Tenma met some days ago. Tsurugi hummed in acknowledgement.

"Ah, that's surprising to know that you're friends with Matsukaze-kun too," Yuuichi said.

"Looks like you do know him too. Haha, what a small world!" Taiyou grinned. "Welp, I've introduced myself. So, who are you two? I kinda know this guy ⸺" he gestured to Tsurugi "⸺ as that guy that [Name] wanted to look for once, but I don't know the name."

"My name is Tsurugi Kyousuke."

"And I'm Tsurugi Yuuichi. To avoid confusion, you may use our first name when we're both around."

"Think I'll just call Tsurugi Kyousuke as Tsurugi-kun, and you as Yuuichi-san! Is that okay?"

"That works too."

There were now two different auras around you. One was as bright as the sun mixed with the tenderness of the stars on your right, which was Taiyou and Yuuichi, while on your left was the darkness that loomed from the deepest depths of the black hole of the night, which was Tsurugi crumpling up the pamphlets further.

You sweated. You quickly wrote down a question to ease the atmosphere in. You presented the question to Taiyou.

"Hm, yes [Name]?" He smiled when your hand reached out to rub his head as a way of getting his attention. (Again, Tsurugi wasn't pleased and almost tore the pamphlets apart.)