Chapter 7

There was the same routine through out the rest of the week. I woke up, changed into a cute dress, met everyone outside and went to the wedding rehearsals. We'd learn how to dance and tried out all kinds of exotic foods. Then we'd go home, get a big lecture from Gabriel's step mom about not having sex before marriage and we'd end up in my room having sex almost all night.

On the day of our wedding, I woke up super early. No thanks to Mrs. Sanders. She was in a crappier mood than ever, for when she had walked into my room, she started yelling at me like crazy. I had to literally bite my tongue to snap at her. "You have to get ready. Look at you! This is what happens when you don't obey me. I told you that you shouldn't be having-"

"I'm sorry." I interrupted her. She looked at me a little shocked. Then she returned to her bossing around. She had seemed to calm down a little and started getting everything ready and done.

"We will be having a big party after your wedding. I heard that your father isn't coming and I'm awfully sorry. I know it's a big day for you." she said to me after telling all the maids what to do. I was thank full that the wedding was going to be early in the day and not in the afternoon. "I'll help you out Hun. I told my husband that you aren't that bad and he seemed to have calmed down. Now lets get Gabriel out of the house and get you ready." she said walking out of my room instantly.

I heard her talking with Gabriel and he seemed to agree with her. I sat on my bed, feeling a little dazed. Everything was going way too fast. I was getting married at seventeen, with someone I just met. My life was a complete mess, and what scared me the most was that I didn't even care how crazy it sounded.

"Good-morning, oh future wife of mine." Gabriel said from the door. I turned to look at him and smiled. "I missed you last night." he winked.

"Yeah, well I was having a blast the last night of my single life." I laughed. He frowned a little, then pushed off the door frame.

"I have to leave this house. I'll see you at the altar." he said kissing me lightly on the lips. I hummed and let him pull away. "Good luck." he said. He left, letting Mrs. Sanders continue with her work.

"Oh, Mrs. Sanders, I never got to know your name. I wouldn't call you honey, since that's only your husbands right to say." I said standing up and stretching.

Mrs. Sanders laughed and looked at me. "It's Marie." she said softly. I nodded and looked away from her. That was my mothers name. I shrugged off the eerie feeling I got and looked at her. I smiled sweetly and walked up to her. She started working on my hair and make up and I wasn't aloud to look in the mirror. 

After several minutes, which seemed like hours to me, of pulling and yanking on my hair and putting all kinds of junk on my face, I was ready. I was turned around slowly and I stared at a very beautiful girl in the mirror. Her hair was in elegant curls framing her face and she looked like an angel with the way her make up was done. Innocent, yet playful. I couldn't stop staring at my own face. It would be impossible to recognize me at all.

"You look beautiful." Marie gushed. She had placed her hand on my shoulders, I cringed, ready to feel pain, but opened my eyes when I didn't. She was still smiling, taking in her art work.

"You don't have any daughters?" I asked her. She looked down, took her hands off my shoulders and sighed deeply. I took time too look at my shoulders and saw that they didn't have a single mark on them.

"I do, but I don't know her. See, her father kicked me out after he found out about my dancing dream." she said. I turned to look at her, upset at how her ex-husband hadn't let her live her dream. "He said that I was a grown women and had children already. I didn't give up and therefore, he divorced me. I met Tom and it was love at first sight." she smiled warmly at me. I gave her a small hug and she returned it. "Okay, now lets get you finished off. We only have an hour before you are to arrive." she said.