with widening eyes of realization, you recognized the man as the one who had captured you when quaritch and his gang had first invaded your forest, taking you and the rest of your siblings hostage as a way to get to your father.

his words from that day suddenly pierced through  through the thoughts parading around your head, and with a fierce huff and tight glare, you fired, the bullet sharply connecting with the avatar's temple to send him tripping backwards and off of the open ledge.

"who's the little blue bitch now, huh?" you muttered, staring as the second soldier panically watched his bloodied comrade descend off of the edge and into the water below.

"let's go!" neteyam abruptly spoke as he dashed toward you, which seemed to shock the last avatar out of his astonished trance before your brother rushed past you and tightly gripped your arm.

letting the ar15 in your hands fall to the ground with a harsh thud, you hastily followed behind the older na'vi to throw yourself over the restricting safety rails and into the freeing ocean.

right before you splashed underneath the surface, the sounds of another round of bullets met your ears, and you were grateful that you had already managed to take shelter in the protection of the sea.

neteyam speedily hopped in beside you, the bubbles from his fall enveloping your vision before you carved your limbs through the water, swimming hastily toward an opened section of the ocean where the lower bodies of spider and lo'ak came into view.

carding through the liquid, you rushed over to the teens, making it to the surface with a sharp inhale as the boys frantically whipped around to face you.

"what?" you quipped, a slight grin overtaking your features as your gaze traveled between the two. "did i scare you?"

"bro!" spider shouted, eliciting a laugh to bubble past your lips right before neteyam resurfaced by your side, his morale a lot more dampened compared to the three of you.

"neteyam?" you called, noticing the way his eyebrows and nose scrunched together harshly as he fought to trek above the surface.

you ignored the slight stinging feeling burning through your shoulder, swimming closer toward the boy as he let out a grunt. "brother?"

the sound of another being making it to the top of the sea sounded from behind you, tsireya's gaze suddenly meeting your eyes once you turned around, as she sat situated atop an ilu with an outstretched hand.

"get on!" she beckoned, watching with furrowed eyebrows as you panically swam over toward your brother at the sight of blood staining the water around him.

another frantic call of the boy's name hastily past your lips as you hurriedly treaded over toward him, alerting the other teenagers of the current situation.

"bro, come on!" your twin urged, the sight of dirtied water going unnoticed by his eager eyes before neteyam let out a string of pained coughs.

"you skxawng," he weakly retorted as you finally edged over to him, moving to support his head that was slowly becoming more and more submerged within the sea. "i'm shot."

as the realization passed across your brother's features, he rushed over toward the two of you with a loud "shit!" slipping past his lips, reaching out to take an arm into his grasp.