MEVOL.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(             hunt of the spirit             )

AFTER AN UNUSUALLY laborious swim to follow after your twin as he searched for his soul brother, you and your friends managed to pinpoint lo'ak's location from quite a distance away.

he was stationed atop the tulkun's back, crouched on his knees as his hands worked to pull at an orange tracker that had embedded itself into the skin of payakan.

noises of obvious discomfort escaped the mammal, pained shrieks and echoing whines bubbling past his throat in reply to your twin's efforts.

glancing past the figures of the two, you noticed a daunting ship floating through the water a distance away from everyone, and it was obvious that the bright instrument of death within payakan's flesh belonged to the sky people aboard it.

"lo'ak!" you exclaimed as your ilu glided past the animal, skillfully hopping onto his back beside your brother.

"bro, c'mon, help me out!" he hastily requested, quickly glancing up to meet your eyes before turning his attention back to his soul brother. "hurry, the ship's coming!"

dropping down onto your shins, your hands hurriedly cupped around the cold metal of the tracking equipment and pulled, a strained breath huffing past your nostrils.

"they're over there!" lo'ak continued as neteyam quickly made it onto the tulkun after you, staring off toward the ship with eyes widened in a stunned glare.

turning back to you and your twin, your older brother smoothly helped aonung climb on top of payakan to join you three, tsireya making her way behind him.

momentarily releasing the object, you stood up and inched forward, holding out a hand for the metkayina to grab onto before carefully hoisting her up to stand beside you.

"i could have sworn i said i would meet you at your ilu," you quipped, earning a stare of tenaciousness in return.

"wherever you go, i go," tsireya softly spoke, every inch of her irises covered in the truth of her statement.

you felt a small smile creep up onto the edges of your lips, the familiar increase of your heart rate beginning to stir before another loud squeak from payakan anchored you back down to the situation at hand.

looking toward the device, you shuffled over to your previous spot, letting tsireya drop down beside you as the five of you fought against the splashing current to loosen the deeply embedded spike.