𝐀𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬★𝟎𝟓

𝓣𝓸𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓲'𝓼 𝓭𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓻, 𝓣𝓼𝓲𝓻𝓮𝔂𝓪, led the the group in the middle of the neatly built mauri pods, Tsireya holding your belongings

Both Jake and Ney'tiri walked a few meters ahead from their children and you, as all five of you observe every new area, eyes full of curiosity and confusion. Standing beside Tuk, a metkayina riding an ilu approached the young Navi, Tuk giggling and gently patting the sea creature, the ilu's attention on the smell of food.

You smile softly at Tuk, before you glance at the others, moving yourself to signal her to keep moving. The young Navi's attention now on you, she grins from ear to ear, while you look in confusion.

"Catch me if you can!" Carefully racing off to the group, while you chuckle at the sudden act.

"I'm coming to get you!" You shout, racing off as well to catch Tuk.

🏃‍♂️

"This is for you" Tsireya's pleasantly sweet voice speaks, sending you outta your daydreams. Next to Kiri, your eyes shift around the empty mauri pod, large enough for the family.

Beforehand, Ney'tiri dropped her stuff, a heavy sigh along with it, missing the forest.

Tsireya gently put down your belongings, excusing herself from everyone, her eyes taking a quick glance at you, star struck by such attractive charms you possess. Yet, your eyes were dependent on the inside of your new home, failing to notice.

. . .

"Okay Sully's, fall in." Jake announced, everyone making their way to him. You aren't related to them, so you thought you should just stay out of it. Before you could go sit in the corner like a dope, Neteyam nudged you to join.

You weren't gonna be rude and say 'no', so you just walked beside him, sitting down on the comfortable mat of the mauri pod, facing Jake.

"Now, I want you kids to be on your best behaviour." He starts off serious, "I mean it, learn fast, pull your weight, don't cause trouble, alright?" Making himself clear, eyeing Lo'ak at the last sentence.

"Yes sir." Lo'ak mumbles out, Neteyam's hand making his way to the back of Lo'ak's neck, as he just hisses rudely at him.
Neteyam just chuckled.

Tuk sniffed, tears forming from her eyes, "I wanna go home." Looking at her made you feel sadness for Tuk. Her mother looks at her, ears downward.

"Oh Tuk. . ." Ney'tiri quietly says, her voice comforting. Jake look at her with guilt, but changes up quickly.

"This is our home now, Tuk." Placing his much larger hand on the young girl's leg. "We're gonna get through this together, if we have each others backs, okay?" Jake continues on.