Punishment in Disguise

Start from the beginning

Duck growled, and she quickly stifled her laughter - even though she had no idea if Duck was growling at her, or at Donald.

Maybe it was the both of them - he was angry with them both, so perhaps that wasn't entirely impossible.

Snuggling into the blanket, she watched as Ian and Evan worked on cleaning Donald's firebox properly.

Thinking about what Donald told her last night, a small smile appeared on her face as she started to imagine what to put on their Christmas gift.

'It might not be much, but it'll mean a lot to them.' Aurora thought before accepting a cup of hot chocolate from Aden, who had appeared with a spare enamel mug and a flask. "Thank you, Aden."

"You're welcome, my dear." Aden smiled warmly. "We also prepared a bacon roll for you on the way over. Duck was arguing vehemently about it after a predecessor of mine got eggs in his whistle years ago."

Duck wheeshed crossly at the reminder.

"Alright, Cogsworth," teased Aden.

"That sounds delicious." Aurora purred happily as she took a sip of hot chocolate.

She was baffled, though, as to why Aden called his engine "Cogsworth" and asked him.

"Oh, Beauty and the Beast is my daughter's favorite film," he admitted. "I've seen it with my Isla countless times. She relates to Belle, and used to carry a wooden spoon around that she insisted was her butler, named Spoonsworth." He laughed.

A small giggle came out of Aurora's mouth at the name, even though she didn't understand the reference. Yet. Her ears perked up as Vincent walked over to her with the bacon roll. She thanked him as she gratefully grabbed it and took a bite. A loud purr erupted from her throat as she ate the breakfast treat, her tail twitching happily.

Duck sighed as he listened to the twins arguing, getting a headache from them. Looking down at Aurora, he wanted to scold her for giving himself, Douglas, BoCo, and Oliver a scare but seeing her look so happy brought a small smile to his face, despite himself.

He still wasn't happy about her risking her life, though.

...

Aurora hummed quietly as she listened to Duck lecture her about leaving without letting one know, but mostly towards Donald for his behavior last night. Said Scottish engine groaned quietly as he looked forward with an annoyed expression. Douglas wasn't help either with him giving his own lecture towards his brother...in a more colorful language.

"I really am sorry I just left the shed without telling anyone, Duck..." Aurora said softly as she leaned against his face, purring softly when she felt him kiss her head.

"I know you are, Ro." Duck said softly as he nuzzled his niece/godchild. "We're just worried for none of us wants to see you taken again." He said thoughtfully, the fear of her never returning entering his boiler once more.

Aurora's ears flattened against her head in guilt as she processed Duck's words. She knew the engines became more worried and protective after she came back from being kidnapped. She wasn't really thinking in the moment last night when she left and didn't think how it would affect the others. Turning onto her side, she gently nuzzled against his cheek.

"I'm sorry..." She apologized quietly.

Duck smiled warmly as he looked down at her. "You're forgiven." He said softly.

"Welcome back, everyone."

Donald flinched as he looked up, seeing Maria standing next to his berth. He knew she was going to look him over today after his meltdown, he just wished it was later on during the day.