Utterly and physically, I don't know for how long I stare at him, lips parted in surprise, eyes wide with the same feeling, and muscles tensing as I realize that he saw through all my barriers, maybe because I realize that his words are right.

I don't even notice that this is the first time he calls me by my name, my full name, "We're late, Angel, let's get going, shall we?" He adds, interlocks our arms together and starts walking, while I'm still absorbing what the fuck is going on.

Just when I'm about to speak, I find my phone pinging in my pocket, I grab it, Sophia's name flashes across my screen, "Where are you?! Haven't you opened your group? The event is gonna be ten minutes earlier, and most of the models are almost here, Come on Angelina." She mutters under her breath and I grit my teeth at her tone.

I don't like how she's talking to me, but I'm doing all this for my goddam goal, so I hold back any snarky reply for the sake of it, "On my way." I just say before ending the call.

Glare at Rowan then we both walk in silence until I reach the open-air area, meeting Sophia's eyes in a haze, she's surrounded by a couple new faces, models I assume, gorgeous and diverse, every single one actually, some of them are with their boyfriends too, so I'm not the only one with someone on my heels, thankfully, my agent has two empty seats beside her for Rowan and I.

We both sit down moments later, silence stretches between us before a couple of models start speaking, "I'm Scarlett." One starts, a welcoming smile stretching over her face, her silk black hair flows over her shoulders, her pale skin shines beneath the lights, and her delicate features are edged off with her jaw and nose, she's beautiful, there's no doubt, every single one on this table is actually.

"Angelina." I introduce and she smiles further, then starts talking, we get along and a couple more models start interacting too, I don't know how long it passes until our conversation ends, with exchanging numbers and stuff.

I feel more at ease now, except for my tense muscles, caused by the asshole beside me, whose presence can't be overlooked, one model beside Sophia smiles softly at me and I offer one back.

She's one of the few who aren't alone, her boyfrien—husband is beside her, judging by the ring, even though she doesn't look like she exceeds twenty years old, and let me tell you, that's too young to ruin your life with a man who'll lead everything you do, like how life used to be with me, when...

My thoughts trail off when she introduces herself, "I'm Layla, Layla knight." She adds with pride, her husband's lips tip upward a little.

I introduce myself too, study her for a beat, she's beautiful, stunning even, with long brown hair and big brown eyes, that keep flitting to the guy beside her, who I try to avoid, since his vibes aren't very welcoming, and currently, I'm on the verge of snapping at any type of Asshole-like behavior, he seems like it too, for a second it feels as if I'm seeing Elias's carbon's copy, not in the looks, the attitude mostly, even though it's been a couple of seconds, my intuition is currently taking the lead.

With his messed black hair, finger raked, sharp hollowed cheekbones and jaw, but most of all, his eyes are what confuse me the most, maybe because they are too fucking dark, or empty I can't really indicate it, even though they looked full when they landed on Layla, but on me and Rowan, empty.

"So what do you think about this? If you can give me one advice what would it be?" I ask after a beat, trying to relax and avoid kicking Rowan in the balls, she smiles warmly, her face is completely welcoming.

She waits for a few beats as if she's forming her words calmly, "If you're really into modeling, if it's something that isn't affecting you negatively then go for it, if you're not exhausted mentally then push yourself until where you want to be but if you're tired then it's okay to give up on it." She says softly.

I absorb her words, it's completely different from what the other girl told me, "Did it affect you negatively?" I Protest, not sure if it's out of curiosity or worry, her face contorts in some kind of emotion I can't explain so I add "If you don't feel like answering it's fine." I feel like I just hurt the girl I swear.

It makes my stomach dims, but her bright smile makes the feeling vanish, my eyes momentarily flit to her husband, finding his mere attention on her, the look in his eyes is one I see a lot, from Silas to Vera, from Elias to Aurelia, but it feels as if this is even possibly more intimate.

Oddly, I take my attention off the love scene, "I struggled a lot yes, but I think it lies with the agent, mine was very strict, with eating and well, her words were harsh, she never validated anything i felt. and she was never supportive either, so all i got from this was just an eating disorder, i think it's mostly due to the fact that I didn't want to model in the first place, I was kind of forced." She says with a harsh breath, gulping hard.

My expression softens, an eating disorder, Aurelia talked about hers a couple of years ago, after college was over, it took a while for me to understand it, the root of it itself, but now I do, and it's hard, it's a struggle and for someone to overcome it, that's a huge challenge too.

But then she smiles widely, eyes filled with a joyful spark, as her eyes turn to her husband, "But Adrian helped me, he was there with me through it all, my husband, I was lucky to have him." She lets out softly and I swear she melts the whole 'I hate men' part of me for a beat, the said Adrian turns to me, "She did it herself, I was just there, watching my girl achieve everything she deserved." British accent fills the air, his words are rougher than hers, but they're filled with thick emotions that are clear in his eyes.

After we continue talking for a beat, eventually, my eyes meet Rowan's, we have a lot to fucking unravel, a lot to discuss, but for now, I push the thoughts away, when the event is over we'll see the bomb he dropped minutes ago.

Currently, let's focus on the love story in front of me.

A vote is really appreciated 🩷.
If you think you'd be interested to know about more of Adrian & Layla who appeared here, their book is on my account, it's called OFF-LIMITS.