Moments Before Tragedy

School was finally over and now I was on my way to The Anteiku to meet up with my brother Kaneki and his friend Hide. When I got to the Cafe they were already at a table waiting for me 'Y/n over here' Hide said. I quickly walked over to the table and then we started to talk. We talked about Kaneki's plan to take his girlfriend on a date to a bookstore.

'That's soooo basic' I told him Hide agreed with me saying 'You can't take a girl to a bookstore on the first date.' 'It's not basic she may think it's a great Idea' My older brother said 'Look, don't do it trust me she'll think your lame.' 'Fine then I will take her to Big Girl for hamburgers' Hide laughed so hard he cried a couple of tears while I patted his back holding back my laughter. 'Quit laughing I'm being serious' 'I know that's what makes it funnier.'

'You can't under any circumstances bring her to a place called Big Girl' I told him as Hide just agreed with me. 'Fine then where would you take a date' I let Hide answer that one 'That's easy I'd pay attention to what the girl's into then pick a place I'd think she'd enjoy.' 'Such as?' 'Uh y'know Girly places' 'Ok I am going to say that you have no clue what girls like'. I said to Hide 'If I did I would be out hanging with them and not you guys' 'Yeah you got a point.'

Kaneki said as I shrugged We then looked at the News talking about a ghoul attack.'Man they're hitting close to home' Hide said He then got up all in Kaneki's face asking which girl is the special girl.' He then looked at a girl with dark blue hair. Her hair was shaped so it would cover one of her eyes.

'No, but she's cute too' My brother had said just as he said that Hide called the girl over. Asking her for a cappuccino he asked if Kaneki wanted one but he was still working on his. He then asked the girl for a name her name was Touka Kirishima. He then tried to see if she was seeing someone Touka Ran away embarrassed as I slapped him upside the head. 

'Don't treat girls like that you idiot' I told him as he rubbed his head. Suddenly a girl with purple hair and glasses came into Anteiku and Kaneki's eyes went wide and that's when it hit me she's the girl Kaneki has a date with. 'You have no chance with her' I told him 'Yeah you and her would be like Beauty and the Bonehead.' Kaneki then corrected him Hide then stretched saying something about blackmail then left money on the table and left Anteiku.

 Once Hide left I started working on my math homework while Kaneki just read his book. I would look up from my homework often and see him staring at the girl with purple hair. His eyes went wide when he noticed that they were reading the same book. The girl caught him looking at her but just smiled at him. 

After a while, we got up and left me going to my room, and Kaneki going to his. As soon as I got to my room the first thing I did was check up on Gizmo my pet hamster. Kaneki got him for me a couple of months ago as a birthday present.  After a few minutes of practicing the guitar, I got a call from my only friend at school Ray. 

'Hey Whats Up?' I asked him  'Oh Nothing Just checking up on you to see how you are doing after today's incident at school.' What he meant by that is I get picked on at school and today was one of the worst days let's just say one of us got punched in the gut really hard. 'I'm fine but I think my stomach might be bruised.' We both were silent for a moment until I had a question.

 'Hey Ray, since Kaneki has his date tomorrow and will be out all day, Wanna hang out after school.' 'I'd love too How about we go to the Anteiku and hang out there' 'Sounds great I will talk to Kaneki about it' 'Cool see you then.' With that Ray hung up and I fed Gizmo and went to talk to Kaneki about tomorrow I exited my room and knocked on his door. 'Yeah Y/n' 'I have a question since you will most likely be gone most of the day.'

 'Can I hang out with Ray at Anteiku tomorrow?.' 'I don't see why not' 'Really thanks!' I hugged him and left his room and went back to mine to go to Bed. 

Time Skip

My alarm went off which meant it was time for school Yay. I got up took a shower ate breakfast and left for the bus stop. Ray was already there and once he saw me he waved and gave me his perfect smile. 'Y/n! How are you today' 'Other than being tired great how do you have so much energy.' 'Oh I had Coffee' I thought about his answer for a couple of seconds and then remembered he had ADHD. 

With the meds he's taking the coffee can mess with Ray and make him a little hyper and anxious. 'That makes sense' I told him he just laughed while I just smiled at him. Pretty soon the bus arrived and we sat in our usual spots and talked about random stuff until we got to school. After we got to school we went to our first class.  

Time Skip To Lunch       

We usually eat near the front of the cafeteria but today Brady and his friends decided to take our table just to annoy us I guess. Anyway, we just skipped lunch entirely but little did we know Brady followed us in and went towards us. 'What up Losers' he said 'What do you want now?' Ray asked annoyed. 'I just want to know if my little playthings are ready for their beating after school.'

'Who's says you are?' I asked him he looked at me dumbfounded 'Uh me duh.' He then laughed and left with his goons 'What are we going to do Y/n?.' Ray asked me 'We first try to get on the bus and if Brady stops us we fight back we both know a little bit of combat.' I said calmly but in reality, I was terrified I just didn't want to show it. 

Time Skip To After School 

 I was a little nervous I mean sure I've gotten beat up before but I told Kaneki that I had just fallen down the stairs at school. Just as we left the school we noticed one of Brady's goons was in front of the door to our bus. Okay so he planned this out nothing to worry about yet then Brady tackled me to the ground and started to punch me. I then kneed him where the sun doesn't shine while Ray punched his goons in the face. 

And we ran as fast as we could to Anteiku luckily we lost Brady on the way here. 'Oh My God Your bleeding' exclaimed Ray I touched my nose and sure enough I was. I went to the bathroom and quickly cleaned up the blood on my face. I have a black eye and a bruised cheek but that's okay I can lie again. 

After that Ray and I decided to sit down and have a decaf coffee together. We talked about Brady and some about school but mostly about our friends and family. Pretty soon it was dark and closing time so Ray and I went our separate ways. I went home and Ray went back to his house. 

It was around 8 when I got home but Kaneki was not home. 'They must be having a really nice time' I said to myself. I then made some spicy ramen and took it to my room to eat with Gizmo. I gave him food and started to eat After I was done eating I started to practice my guitar.

It was now 9:30 and Kaneki was still not back he's usually not out this late. That's not like him then I got a call from the hospital. I was really hoping this was a prank but it wasn't because it did not feel like one. I answered the phone scared and nervous about what I was going to hear.

'Is this Kaneki Y/n?' 'Yes sir it is' I said 'There's been an accident and he needs an organ transplant i-' 'Do it' I said holding back tears 'Ok We will do it' With that he hung up and I quickly left for the hospital.