12. BRUISES & KISSES

Începe de la început

Sasori was his name, told to you through a nervous chuckle. You can remember him towering you, yet shaking like a leaf as he attempted to keep his eyes focused on your face. Even so, you swore it would drift time to time. Despite his large statue, he was sweet, nervous— you found it adorable.

You spent the next fifteen minutes of that party talking with him about nonsense. Your classes, your family, etc. Until the tender moment was interrupted by some douchebag dropping his drink on you.

And instead of apologizing, he laughed at you.

The humiliation didn't last long, given Sasori had threw a punch at the other; the drunken fool falling to the ground far to quickly. You were sure the oni would have thrown another punch if his friends didn't snatch his arm back.

And well.. the rest was history.

It was odd, falling for someone so reckless and erratic; your friends and family claiming he would be terrible given his fight first, ask questions later mentality. But, he wasn't. Sasori wasn't a perfect man, but he was yours and you were his. And that's all you could ask for.

Well, that and him to limit the amount of fights he got into. Even if defending someone.

The night was cold, streets wet from the rain that previously poured from the sky. You had tried to sleep under the warmth of your blankets, face pressed into the silk covered pillow; enjoying the scent of your lover. Except, you heard movement beyond your bedroom, most likely in your kitchen. Instead of fear or maybe anxiety, annoyance flooded through your being.

You rose your body from its previous comfortable position, hearing the movement come closer to your bedroom. Pushing the blankets off your body — which was covered in your panties and a simple tshirt — you rested off the edge of the bed, waiting.

Finally, the doorknob turned, door opening in sync with you turning your bedside lamp on. The man behind the door jumped immediately, a nervous smile taking over his features.

"Good evening, my love.." Sasori spoke, watching you stand from your bed. He gulped as you came closer, backing up when you reached over to flick the overhead light on. Allowing you to see him better, allowing you to see the new cut on his cheek, and bruises on his arms and knuckles. He watched in horror at the disappointment that covered your features, "Wait, I can ex—"

"Bed, now."

The oni's mouth clamped shut, shoulders slouching as he walked to the bed like a kicked puppy. His large frame flopped onto the mattress, watching as you walked out of the bedroom. A minute passed before you were back with an ice pack and first aid kit, approaching him. You stood between his open legs, reaching to grab his hand, pressing the cold pack against his knuckles. Sasori didn't even flinch, far too focused on you— smiling to himself. "Thank you, [Name]."

"You wouldn't have to thank me if you used your words instead of your fists." You huffed softly, watching his smile deepen. You shivered as his free hand rose to glide across your uncovered legs, thumb tracing the stretch marks on your hips every so often.

"Then I wouldn't get to see you so cute and focused when cleaning me up.

You scoffed softly at his flirtatious words, gently swatting his hand away to which he chuckled— holding his own ice pack when you moved away. Popping open the first aide kit, you ripped open an alcohol-free wipe; gliding it across the cut on his face. You ignored his hands coming to rest on your waist, cheeks warming when he brought you closer to him. "What happened this time?" You questioned softly, continuing to clean him up.

The oni shrugged a bit, fingers slipping under your shirt to trace the arch in your back. "I caught some guy trying to place something in a girl's drink. He threw the first punch, actually." He spoke calmly, blinking up at you. You attempted to keep down your smile, tossing the dirtied wipe to the side, now searching for some ointment.