EPILOGUE VI : ERET

key
trigger warnings!: death, blood.

WHEN THE SKY RAINED hellfire, that's what it literally looked like. instead of the faded cotton balls of white clouds, it was replaced by grey mushrooms of pure smoke. explosions continued to go off like chain reactions, propelling the audience forward and filling the sky with a mean orange hue.

legs wandered and scrambled and dashed and ran and toppled, desperately trying to find a way out. the stage was already destroyed, people not needing to glance back to see the damage that's been done.

soon enough, the next stage of destruction occurred: showering rubble. it was like asteroids—only it wasn't from outer space like people feared, but rather it was from their own festival—crushing people to their deaths and ruining the beauteous architecture that took so long to build on manberg's land, and would take another lifetime to put back together to restore its original greatness.

you attempted to push past people, just wanting to get out. it didn't help that smoke clouded your lungs, ringing echoed in your blood-pounding ears, and tears blurred your vision. this felt like something out of a myth.

as you tried your best to run in heels/dress shoes that had soft cushioning at its bottom. it didn't work out. you ended up tripping forward on your own feet, hitting the ground with a hard thud. you attempted to make your arms push yourself up, but at this point, you couldn't feel anything when everything just felt like the end.

your gazed down at your hands, feeling the ground for the last time, and realizing your rushing thoughts and depleted energy was a response to feeling life when closer to death, and suddenly you were hyper aware of your breathing and the way your knuckles bent. this just isn't right. why here? why right now?

before you could process any further, rubble immediately crashed down on you, making you black out.

"Y/N!" eret screamed out in terror. he was so close to catching up to you, but he was just seconds late.

he knelt down, quickly grabbing your body out from underneath the rubble.

your clothes were now stained red, blood dripping from your head and chest, the second half of your body definitely immobile. your eyes were already closed, your heart no longer beating. your body didn't feel cold yet, but it made eret's heart ache and his body go hypothermic at the sight of you with no more life shining from your features—now it was trickling out, oozing red.

she held you carefully, holding you by your back and maneuvering you up towards her so she could see your face clearer. she brushed some stray strands of hair out of your face, seeing your neutral expression and treating it like a veil- as if you were sleeping. god they hoped this was just a nightmare.

eret couldn't help but spill out tears and sobs, staring down at the dead body they were holding. they couldn't believe it happened all so quickly, not being able to ever tell you how much they loved you.

now that you were gone, that's all that could cloud their mind, holding you close to his beating heart as if it would make yours do the same.

|
|
|
|
|

ALTERNATE ENDING I.
wilbur finds y/n dead.
is instantly traumatized.
does what he did best back in the actual dsmp lore and phil is down one biological child.
or he brings you to safety and does some snow white glass coffin shit, then dedicates his life to finding a revival method (and still worshipping your grave).
ends up spiraling and growing pure white hair.
up to you to decide.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

EPILOGUE SOUNDTRACK.
HOW (DEMO) - CLAIRO.
the song is about questioning how one tries to push somebody they like off their mind. that's basically how eret feels, and now look where he is with you gone in his arms and left all alone :(

PREVIEW LYRICS.
How did I try
To get you off my mind?
Could this be the end?
Of you and I for now
Hope that I see you soon
Don't know what I would do
My heart is under the weather
I know that I'm the only
One who can heal it
I'm on my own.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

w.c.: 700+