Good Morning

Vern's POV:

*Insert iPhone alarm sound*

The baring sound of my alarm wakes me up, I force my eyes to open, the morning sun and unfamiliar room greeting me.

I quickly turn off the noise, it's 8:00 AM, crap I was meant to be up an hour ago.

I galumph out of bed, almost tripping over my duffle bag.

"Nick, you up?", I call trying to get my coordination back and rubbing my eyes.

*No Reply*

"Nickkkk??" I yell walking across to his room.

The door was half open, so I went in; his room was only a little bit more messy than my dorm back at college.

Ahh, he slept in too. What am I meant to do here? Bro was obviously tired, I was probably the reason why, but we had to get on a plane in like 2 hours.

I try again, "Nick, sorry but you have to get up", I say it pretty loud but he doesn't even flinch. We had a couple of beers last night and man was knocked out hard.

Frick this is weird, getting woken up by your new roommate on the first morning has to be some bad omen.

Still, I go over to shake him awake:
"Nick, hey bro, it's time to get up, sorry but we don't have much time before the flight"

Nick: "Mmmhmh wwha-- huh??"

I take my hand off his shoulder; "Oi bro, we both woke up late, it's 8 AM"

Nick: *Still extremely dazed*
"Ohhh shiiiittt, ok ummm-ahh
*he pushes his wrist against his forehead, trying to come up with an answer*, "Give me like 2 minutes"

Vern: "Okay, I'm gonna take a shower, I'll be quick"

Nick: "K, thanks for waking me up bro"

Vern: "Oh bruh no problem, you're the one with the tickets"

I closed the door behind me, ok that actually wasn't bad, got nervous for no reason.

Author's Note: Sorry I Did This. -Will I continue? Probably.

*** Scratch the above, both twitter and discord show proof of girlfriend acquired so I shall show proof of non-crazy and not continue insulting the literary medium.

For any shippers holding out hope: