Chapter 10:Speedster's Dilemma

Começar do início

"Good point," Cisco muttered before pausing. "Oh yeah, and here's this," He yelled as he reached into his pocket and threw a small object across the room. Y/n caught it and looked down to find a black ring with a blue lightning bolt. "So you don't need to run to and get your suit," Cisco chuckled before leaving the room.

"Thanks," Y/n looked at Sherloque for a moment before turning his attention back to his hands that rested in his lap.

"No worries," Sherloque smiled before getting ready to leave the room. "I do hope you rest for the night," He added before disappearing out the door and down the halls.

Y/n only stayed in bed for a moment before getting up and leaving the room himself, he was not going to sleep in the hospital wing the entire night, the couches sounded so much better right now. So the Speedster carefully made his way over to the lounge where he froze at the corner.

"You travelled back into all these great moments of your parents' lives," Sherloque was clearly speaking to Nora, both of them seemed to be completely unaware of Y/n's presence as he stood around the corner, trying not to even breathe too loud. "So alright and some dangerous, though not as dangerous as punching a falling satellite, right?" Sherloque's voice reached the Speedster as he continued listening. "And yet that was the moment when you made the decision to act, altering the course of history forever,"

With that, Y/n knew this wasn't just a question but instead, Sherloque was interrogating Nora. Y/n felt like he should intervene, he should say something but the problem was... He was also curious... Nora had bumped into her parents and yet said nothing until that night...

"That decision," The was a pause and Y/n felt like he should just walk into the room, if not to intervene then at least to see what was going on. "Did you come to it all on your own?" Sherloque's question was unexpecting and unsettling as Y/n continued to eavesdrop, but this was soon filled with a period of silence as Y/n listened to every drum that his heart would make. "Of course you did!" Sherloque's tone became playful once more, a habit that Y/n was slowly noticing more and more. "Right? No, of course, you did, You're XS, the temptation was too much, I am sure," He spoke, his voice dropping a few decibels towards the end.

"It was," Nora's voice finally spoke up.

"Well, please forgive me, you have a dinner to go to," Sherloque excused himself. This was soon followed by a silence that shifted into footsteps that approached Y/n.

Y/n didn't waste any time before phasing into the wall just as Nora came around the corner, walking right past where Y/n once stood while he phased through the other side of the wall. "What was that?" Y/n asked Sherloque as he walked towards the couches while the detective got his 'bed' ready.

"Ah, Y/n," Sherloque smiled as he turned to face him while sitting down. "I thought you were told to rest and take it easy?" He countered with his own question.

"I've rested enough," Y/n watched Wells lay down and pull his blanket over himself. "What was that interrogation for?"

"Oh nothing, I am merely trying to learn more about her," Sherloque answered as he pulled his hat down over his eyes. "Everyone has their own little mysteries that I enjoy figuring out," He added as he laid there.

Midnight and Y/n couldn't sleep, how was he supposed to get any sleep when every time he closed his eyes for longer than a few seconds, flashes from the fight with Cicada kept returning? He wanted to remember what happened but after looking at himself for a few seconds, the red lightning that streaked off of him, the pure bloodlust leaking from his very soul... It was too much for him.