『 CHAPTER 22 』

Start from the beginning

"It's a one on one, not a team's play."

"If it's a one on one, please clarify that to Coach Endou. Again, he's in the clubroom, and among one of us are free to —"

"I want [Surname] to fight me! Not just anyone on your team! Why are you so hellbent in having me refer to anyone else but her?!"

Other students were glancing your way. You grew embarrassed due to that and stepped in. First off, you shook your head at Sangoku. You signed to him that you'll handle the situation.

"But —" he admitted defeat when you glared.

Second off, you turned to Namikawa. You took out your phone. "Why do you want to have a soccer match with me?"

"I'll tell you why if you win," he replied after regaining his cool. You deadpanned. "The match is held at the riverbank," he added.

Has Tsurugi's stubbornness? Check.

You turned back to Sangoku and signed: "Chi-senpai, I'll head on over to the riverbank. Could you visit Taiyou-kun first and inform him I'll visit late?"

"You're going with him alone?" Sangoku asked, concern. "He might hurt you...."

"I don't think he won't," you argued. "Besides, I'll give you a call if anything does happen."

"I suppose..." Sangoku sighed again. "Alright. I'll leave you to it. Please be careful."

You hummed.

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

"You're not going to change?" Namikawa asked.

He had brought a spare soccer uniform of his, which he had changed into using one of the changing rooms around the neighbourhood. You, however, had left yours back in the clubroom. Thus, you were left with your school uniform.

That's what you explained to him through your phone screen.

He stared at you. His eyes travelled up and down before he turned away, blushing. He coughed.

"Please tell me you're wearing shorts underneath."

You hummed.

He patted his chest, sighing in relief. "That's – I'm glad to hear that so, ahem, can you play a goalkeeper's position?"

You nodded.

"Okay, so here's the rules. In order for you to win, you have to catch at least two out of three of my shots. We're allowed to use our Kenshin and Hissatsu Techniques in whatever way as we pleased."

After that explanation, you got into position. However, before the game started, Tenma, Shinsuke, and Tsurugi appeared. Shindou and Kirino were there too.

"[Name], please don't fight!" said Tenma.

What?

"Yeah, it isn't good to use violence!" Shinsuke said.

Ah, you realised, who fed them this false information?

Fortunately, Tsurugi had properly analysed the scene before him, so he corrected Tenma and Shinsuke with a sigh: "They're not fighting. They're having a match."

The other two oh'ed. Shindou sighed, rubbing his forehead. Kirino looked at you and shouted, "[Surname], give it your best! You can win!"

His cheer spurted the other boys to cheer you on, too.

Namikawa clicked his tongue. "[Surname], think fast!"

You managed to catch his first shot. He shot again with Flying Fish, which you blocked with Carnivorous Bud. For the third, he summoned out his Kenshin, Sea King Poseidon.