XLIV

Before they knew it, Aragorn and Eadrid were being led to their living areas.

They were led by two, one in front of Aragorn, the other before Eadrid. They had introduced themselves as their head Lord and Lady in waiting, to attend them in anything they might need.

Eadrid thought it quite unnecessary, but then again, neither Aragorn nor Eadrid knew their way around the King's halls of Gondor. 

Elric and Edith turned around when the hall went in two separate directions. 

Edith motioned to the hall that turned off to the right. She was an older woman, her hair was almost completely grey and her shoulders beginning to curve in with age. To Eadrid's surprise, she saw that Edith had years to show of smile lines. Edith, at the moment, did not seem like the smiling type. But despite this, Edith walked with a quick hop in her step that contradicted her age. "This way to your chambers, milady."

Eadrid raised a brow.

"And this way, your majesty." Elric motioned for Aragorn to the hall that turned left.

Aragorn and Eadrid looked at each other briefly in confusion. "I... don't understand." Aragorn turned back to Elric.

"Well, sir, your chambers are to the left, and milady Eadrid's are to the right." He said it simply and with a polite smile.

Aragorn wrapped an arm around Eadrid's shoulders. "Well, that will be quite unnecessary. Eadrid and I will have our room together." He looked down at Eadrid with a grin. "Will we take your room or mine, or would you like me to build you a completely new tower?"

Eadrid smiled. "Your room is fine."

"Anything for my queen." Aragorn said as he scooped her up and off her feet. He carried her passed Elric and Edith and down the left hall. Eadrid looked over Aragorn's shoulder to see them scrambling after the two, confused looks on their faces.

"We have only just arrived, and yet we've already broken the rules." Eadrid whispered into Aragorn's ear with a laugh.

"Well, if it is a rule to have us sleep in separate beds, I declare that rule blasphemy." Aragorn pushed open the large door with his shoulder. "We can declare that now."

Aragorn set Eadrid on her feet in the room, and they took a moment to take it all in.

The walls, like that of the city, were white. But un-like the plain walls of the city, they displayed beautiful paintings and columns, and blue drapes hung beside the large windows looking over the city. An enormous bed sat in the middle of the wall opposite the windows, with a tall bed frame over it, draped with light blue cloth. 

Eadrid stared in awe around the large room. Not even the kings chambers in Rohan looked like this. 

Aragorn turned to Elric and Edith. "Will you take my brides things from her previous chamber and bring them here?"

They stood dumbfounded in the doorway, like never before had a King and Queen been truly in love enough to want to spend their time together.

"Y-yes. Your majesty." Elric spluttered and turned on his heel.

Edith narrowed her eyes. "Milady will still have to get ready for her wedding in her own chamber, so I advise you keep some of your belongings in that room."

Eadrid shrugged. "That is fine."

"Come with me, and we will get you ready." Edith said, still with narrowed eyes.

"Now?" Eadrid's eyes widened.

"You two arrived later than we expected you. Your wedding is this evening. The coronation will take place tomorrow."