I want to resign..

Start from the beginning

" Ag- I mean Vedika , Are you alright?.." Pratyush asked me worriedly as I stopped infront of me and breathed heavily.

" I am alright Pratyush , ...I am just tired , I just want to talk with Dwivedi sir and Ghosh sir . Are both them inside ?.." I asked with hope.

" Oh yes !...You can go ..both of them are inside." Maya answered. I smiled with a thankful. With a last glance at Pratyush , ignoring his extremely worried look ... I slowly opened the door of the cabin.

AUTHOR'S POV

Vedika slowly opened the door of the cabin with her head down . She didn't want to do any mistake in showing respect to Prince and Abhay , because she knew that one mistake can loose her friends.

Prince and Abhay who was sipping tea , turned their heads to the door and raised their eyebrows in shock to see Vedika standing with her head down.

" Can I come in ,sir ?" Vedika asked in extremely tired voice . Prince and Abhay looked at each other in shock on the word ' sir ' escaping from Vedika's mouth.

" Well, ... I guess you are already inside.." Prince said coldly. Vedika's heart clenched in pain .

" S-Sorry...I-I will g-go ." Vedika said with cracked voice . Most painful thing for Vedika was , Prince not believing her and the thing , which she was scared the most was , Prince will leave her alone, and thess were the reasons her heart swelled and pained everytime Prince is disappointed with her.

Vedika swallowed the lump in her throat and turned around to leave .

" Prince don't go so harsh on her , I don't think she did anything to you. Why are you angry on her ?...
Miss Vedika, come here and take the seat and ignore him because this is my office and her , my orders have more importance .." Abhay said while rolling his eyes at Prince's anger.

Vedika turned around with a shock look on her face . Abhay signalled her to come and sit on the seat infront of him and beside Prince.

Vedika looked at Prince with tired eyes and he just averted his gaze away . Vedika's bottom lip quivered as she was on verge of tears because Prince was ignoring her .

" Vedika , you can sit ... Ignore him , he just doing overacting.... Sometimes I feel like calling him, Ananya Pandey .." Abhay joked . Prince rolled his eyes but couldn't help , laugh on his joke . Abhay and Prince started laughing. Abhay glanced at Vedika from corner of his eyes , she just stood there with tired eyes and her shoulders sulked . She was just looking at the chair longingly. Abhay understood that she is tired.

" Vedika , please sit .. or should I lift you and dump you on chair ?.." Abhay asked sarcastically. Vedika's eyes widened and she immediately looked away and sat on the chair and kept her head down, to show politeness.

" So , Vedika....You can look up now , I feeling weird by seeing you giving respect to me .." Abhay said sarcastically. Vedika looked up .

VEDIKA'S POV

" Abhay , you are looking really cheerful today ?....What happened?...Got some girlfriend?.." Prince asked but I didn't missed the glance he gave to me when he said ,  ' girlfriend '.

" Abey Yaar , tu apni Radhika ko to abhi tak ' I love you' bol nahi paya .... You just keep quite bro . And yes , I didn't got any girlfriend because I like a girl but the problem is she didn't like me .." Abhay said sadly. I wonder who is that girl whom Abhay likes , must be someone extremely beautiful. I cant deny the fact that I am feeling jealous.

Control your emotions Vedika !!...Abhay will never like you and you also didn't like Abhay!!...

I cleared my awkwardly, gaining their attention.
" I am really sorry , Dwivedi sir and Ghosh sir ... But please can you talk about your personal life , later ?...It's just a request." I said politely while looking at both of them. They were really shocked at my politeness. I saw a small smile forming Prince's face which gave me immense happiness from inside.

" Oh , we are really sorry ..... Anyways , why did you came here ?.." Abhay asked as if he don't know anything.

I stood up from my seat and both of them raised their eyebrows inquisitively.

I took a deep breath and looked into Abhay's eyes.
" I am extremely sorry Abhay sir , I shouldn't have talked harshly about you . Please forgive me and can we just forget our rivalry and become friends?.." I asked while bowing to apologise. I looked up and saw Abhay had his jaw dropped to ground and Prince was smiling brightly at me, which me enormous happiness.

" Abhay , are you listening?.." I asked while waving hand infront of his face . He was just staring at me. He got snapped out of his thoughts.

" Cute.." He mumbled while looking at me but both me and Prince could hear. I felt my cheeks heating up just because he called me ' cute ' .

" Abhay-ji flirt baadme kariy and just accept friendship offer of my best friend.." Prince said smiling . My lips curled into huge smile and I literally jumped on him to engulf him into bone crushing hug.

" You accept me as your best friend!!!...Thank you so much Prince , T-Thank y-you..." I thanked but got a bit emotional at last .

" Yaar , mujhe maar dengi tu !!... Yes Ved , you are my best friend because today I saw that cute , innocent and polite Vedika in you and y-you know , I felt that small 7th grade Vedika was standing infront of me ." Prince said while pulling away from the hug and wiping away a single tear which slipped from his eyes.

" Hey Prince !!!...Vedika just offered me to be her friend, so do your friendship drama some other day and let me hug the person , with whom I wanted to be friends since I first saw her.." Abhay said and instantly that ' my first day in the new school' seen flashed infront of my eyes . I looked at. Abhay and he gazed into my eyes .
And suddenly, a tear slipped from our eyes simultaneously.

I don't know what came over to me , I just ran and hugged him tightly and he immediately reciprocated it.

" Which Abhay you are ?...My first friend at new school or the person who made my living hell?....
Who you are right now, Abhay ?" I asked weakly because I was already tired.

" I don't know ,...the only thing I know right now is that I got my friend back. I don't know how to apologise you Vedika....I have done so many horrible things to you that I should rot in hell !!!.." He drawled as I kept my index finger on his lips making him go silent .

" Don't dare say that,...you will not rot in hell !!...Just hope that it's Devi maa who will decide where you will go , heaven or hell.... because, I have no expectations from other Gods .." I said while still my finger placed on his lips . His lips were as soft as rose petals.

He rolled his eyes at my comment and removed my finger from his lips.

" All Gods are great , Vedika...." He said .

" Leave that ,...and just tell me , why did you suddenly started behaving like a demon to me , at that time ?.." I asked demandingly. I could feel pain in his eyes as he looked at Prince , as if asking him , if he could tell me everything. Prince nodded slowly.

Abhay was about to start telling but I stopped him .

" Umm... Actually, I am extremely tired , I am feeling like , I will faint anytime now . So can you just tell it tomorrow?..." I asked vaguely.

" Oh Sure, ... Well sorry for being strict to you , but I have to be strict if you come late daily." Abhay said with apologetic look.

" Oh , I understand.... actually, I want to ask something from you and Prince." I said looking at both Prince and Abhay.

" Ask ..." Both of them said in unison and looked at me .

" Ummm....I want to resign.."

_______________________________________

If you are loving the story , please vote and comment!..