❆ chapter nine

Začít od začátku

"Don't you have a class to prepare for?" She looked quizzically at the blonde boy, who was still stood next to her locker.

"Nah."

She stared at him.

"I have a free first period." He shrugged his shoulders, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"If you had a free first period, why would you get up this early to pick me up? You crazy man." She shook her head, grabbing the rest of her needed stuff and closing her locker door.

"I don't know. Just wanted to." He grinned at her. "What class do you have now?"

"Chemistry," she groaned, internally cursing at Mr Kim, her teacher. Haechan peered over at her phone which displayed her timetable and classrooms.

"Great, S5, let's go!" He bounced ahead of her, running childishly, hair bouncing as he ran. Hyerim giggled at his antics, following.

It was time for lunch, and Hyerim was greeted with Haechan already waiting at her locker, a wide smile on his face.

"Time for lunch! They have kimchi-jjigae on the menu today, come on!"

She closed her locker hurriedly at the sound of kimchi-jjigae, eager for food. The pair quickly made their way to the cafeteria, immediately grabbing trays and lining up for food.

"The queue is so long," she grumbled, frowning at the line of students in front of her, thinking about her precious kimchi-jjigae.

"This wouldn't have happened if you left class earlier," she heard the boy say behind her, and she turned around to retort back to Haechan, but was interrupted by a squeaky, feminine voice.

"Haechan!"

Hyerim stared at the brunette girl who was stood in front of Haechan, then looked at Haechan. He gave her a look back.

"Yes?" he replied, crossing his arms.

"Here." The girl's arms shot forward, a neatly wrapped pink present with a white bow outstretched. "This is for you."

Haechan tilted his head. He didn't seem phased, instead staring down at the girl. She seemed to realise that his reaction wasn't a good one.

"Please, let me explain. I have really admired you for a while now. I always go to your ice hockey games and I watch you, and I make banners for you, and really, I'm a big fan. You're so handsome and really cool, and talented, and I- I really like you!" The girl dropped into a 90 degree bow, arms still outstretched with the present. "Please, accept this token of my love, and consider me as someone to be your girlfriend!"

Bewildered, Hyerim's mouth dropped open as she stared silently at the girl.

"I can't," the boy coldly said, his right hand gently pushing back the present towards the girl. She raised her head slowly, realising that she was being rejected. Immediately, tears began streaming from her face. Pushing the present back into Haechan's arms, she buried her face into her hands, before running off to a table where her friends were seated.

"What the fuck was that?"

Haechan didn't respond, handing the present to Hyerim. "You can have that," he said, before moving forward in the line which had moved considerably, dragging her along.