❆ chapter fourteen

haechan😎🐻

haechan😎🐻

i have feelings for you hyerim

She paused, putting her phone face down on the bed, and sat up cross-legged, staring at her white wall. The phone began to buzz softly against her bedsheets, and she picked it up to see Haechan's caller ID staring back at her. With a shaky hand, Hyerim swiped to answer it.

"Hello?"

"I'm outside your apartment. Can you come down? Or I can come up, if you want."

"I'll...I'll come down. Gimme a sec."

"Alright."

The call ended, and she stared back at her screen, which displayed their messages again. His confession burned into her eyes. Locking the screen, she sat up and rummaged in her pile of clothes for something acceptable to wear.

It had never crossed her mind that Haechan might like her. Sure, he flirted with her, but she had assumed that he was just joking, trying to mess with her.

And she wasn't sure how she felt about him.

Did she like him back? Perhaps. He was attractive, there was no denying that. He was sweet, and nice, and looked out for her. He had a great sense of humour. He was smart. And rich. He made her heart skip a beat sometimes when he flirted with her. But she wasn't sure if that meant that she liked him.

Truthfully, the last time she had felt something romantic towards a man was probably in preschool, where Kim Daehyun let her have the purple shovel in the sandbox. Apart from that, she had never had a crush on a man in her schooling life, ever.

Brushing away the thoughts, she exited the apartment, closing and locking the door behind her.

"You're here."

"Yeah."

She stood uncomfortably in front of Haechan, hands hidden in her sweater sleeves, fidgeting with the loose threads. He leaned against his car, and it was the first time that Hyerim had seen him look awkward. There was a silence.

"Let's talk in my car," he suggested while opening the passenger door, and Hyerim nodded before stepping inside.

"So," Haechan started after getting into the car. "Uh..."

"So you like me," Hyerim cut him off.

"Yes. I do."

"Cool."

Another silence ensued, Hyerim looking anywhere but Haechan, who was also looking intently at his dashboard.

"How long?"

"Huh?"

"How long have you liked me for?"

"A long time."