𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 7 - 𝑷𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝑰𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆

Shim Suryeon's POV:

Slowly, I carefully opened the door to Min Seol Ah's room. She lay there in her cotton pajamas fast asleep. 

Being careful not to wake her, I tiptoed to her bed and put down a mint green gift box tied with a ribbon. Sensing my presence, my daughter stirred awake.

"Good Morning, Mom," she said sleepily. I stared at her, pleasantly surprised. 

"She called me Mom, I'd never thought I'd be able to hear her say that ever." I thought. 

I could feel tears running down my cheeks as Min Seol Ah got out of bed to hug me. 

"Mom! Don't cry. I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset, I just didn't know how else to address you-" Min Seol Ah explained in a panic. 

I hugged her back, stroking her long brown hair tenderly. "No, no. It's okay, I'm just so happy to hear you call me that. I never thought I'd hear you call me that, ever." I confessed. 

Min Seol Ah smiled then pulled away. Her eyes darted around the room looking for something to help change the subject. Noticing the gift box I had left on the bed, she stared. 

"Mom, what's this?" She asked me, pointing to the box. 

I lifted the lid off the box to reveal a pair of spotless white trainers. "You never got the trainers I gave you, so I thought this would be the right time to give you them," I explained with a beam.

She gasped as she held them up from the box, admiring them. "Wow! Thank you so much, Mom! I love them." She exclaimed with joy. 

I smiled. "I'm so happy you like them. I'll be downstairs in the dining room. Once you've changed, please join us for breakfast." I insisted. 

I walked out of the room and glanced back to see Min Seol Ah trying on the trainers and admiring them in the mirror in awe. 

At breakfast...

Min Seol Ah's POV:

I walked into the dining room in my embroidered dress from Miss Jin and my pristine white trainers from Mom and sat at the table. 

"You're wearing that?" asked Seok Kyung while helping herself to a bowl of cereal. 

"Seok Kyung!" called out Mom sternly.

"I didn't bring any other clothes from the cottage," I explained. 

Seok Kyung beamed at me then turned to her Mom. "Mom! Could I go clothes shopping with Min Seol Ah? Please!" She pleaded. 

Mom chuckled. "Of course, here." She answered bringing money out from her purse and splitting it between me and Seok Kyung. 

I looked at the notes in astonishment while Seok Kyung's eyes shined with excitement. "Thank you, Mom!" We chorused.

Seok Hoon rolled his eyes as he took a bite out of his toast. Suddenly, his phone buzzed. Seeing the notification, he smiled to himself. Seeing this, Seok Kyung smirked. 

"Seok Hoon, is that your girlfriend?" She teased. 

Looking up from his phone, he glared and then looked back at the screen grinning. Seok Kyung turned to me, smiling. 

"Seok Hoon's got a girlfriend from our high school. He's such a softie towards her." Seok Kyung explained with a smirk. 

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. To me, Seok Hoon looked like someone who kept to himself most of the time. 

"Well, you kids have fun okay?" said Logan. 

The three of us nodded and left the table, having finished our breakfast. 

Shim Suryeon's POV:

I watched as the kids left the table. "Be careful!" I called out to them. 

I turned back to see Logan chuckling. "Now they're gone, how about we go on a date?" he asked.

I nodded. "The kids have gone on their own outings. There's no wrong with me going on an outing of my own." I thought. 

Outside the hotel...

I fastened the buttons on my jacket as Logan waited for me in front of his motorcycle, helmet in hand. 

"Ready to go?" He asked with a grin. 

I smiled. "Yeah, I'm ready," I replied as I sat in the back of the motorcycle my arms around Logan.

The engine roared as we sped off the road on his motorcycle. "Where are we going?" I asked, projecting my voice over the roar of the engine. 

"It's a surprise," remarked Logan, with a smirk. 

I raised one eyebrow up at him. "Mr Logan Lee, what exactly are you planning?" I wondered. 

A few hours later...

We arrived at the destination. It was a beautiful beach with golden sand and a sky-blue ocean. Jumping off the motorbike, Logan ran up to a nearby ice cream stand. 

"One chocolate and one strawberry ice cream, please." He asked. 

I jumped off the motorcycle to join him as he watched with fascination as the ice cream man pressed the button of the ice cream machine to make the ice cream swirl onto the cones. 

Once the process was complete, the man handed Logan the two ice creams and Logan paid. He then turned to me and handed me the chocolate ice cream. 

"Isn't it too early in the morning for dessert, Logan?" I teased him.

He grinned. "No, I don't think it's too early for dessert or for a walk along the beach." He replied gesturing to the ocean and the sand. 

Hand in hand, we walked along the beach enjoying our ice cream. After a while, once we'd finished what was left of our ice cream he turned to me. 

"Shim Suryeon, what do you think of picking up where we left off at Hera Palace?" He asked.

My mind flashed back to when we were in the middle of our wedding when we had just walked down the aisle and were about to begin saying our vows when Joo Dan Te had called me and told me that I had to meet him and he had placed bombs around Hera Palace. 

"You want to continue the wedding?" I asked Logan. 

He nodded. "It was unfortunate that devil had the worst timing." He answered.

Now that Min Seol Ah was back, I felt unsure. Could I have a happy ending with Logan? 

𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 7