Yu Yuan interjected, "This means there's progress, right?"

Dr Yu nodded hurriedly. "Exactly! His insomnia greatly influences these levels. As there had never been an improvement in his insomnia, there was never improvement in them. A variation means something has changed with his insomnia; based on the indicators, it's a positive change."

He turned to Huo Wei. "Tell me, has your sleep been better?"

"Yes."

Dr Yu became even more excited. "How did it happen? Did you do something different recently? Any major changes?"

Huo Wei glanced at Yu Yuan and then replied, "Yes, I got married."

"Yes, you got mar-," Dr Yu paused. "That's it?"

"Yes. My sleep improved since I started sharing a bed with my wife."

Dr Yu had a thoughtful expression on his face before proceeding to ask a couple of questions.

Finally, he sighed. "I understand what happened. It's just as we always thought. Your insomnia is as a result of psychological factors. Now that you have someone next to you that helps you relax and let your guard down, it's only logical your sleep improves."

"We need to continue observations, but in the meantime, you need to take care of your health.  Practice good eating and sleeping habits. Doing this will help deal with the sequelae left in your body. I'd say exercise as well, but you look like you already take good care of that aspect."

Huo Wei responded noncommittally.

An exasperated expression appeared on Dr. Yu's face. Uncooperative patient! He was about to start nagging when Yu Yuan assured him, "Don't worry, Dr. Yu. I'll take care of him and make sure he follows your instructions."

Dr Yu nodded in approval. He couldn't control this patient, but he found someone who could. "I'll give you a list of things to look out for and what you can include in his diet."

Yu Yuan smiled. "Thank you, Dr. Yu."

Dr Yu waved his hand. "It's what I should do." He glanced at his watch. "Then I'll be on my way. I have somewhere to be."

"Have a good day, doctor."

After the doctor's visit, Yu Yuan took over Huo Wei's diet. She drafted a meal timetable according to Dr Yu's instructions, and the chefs of the house followed the timetable when preparing meals for Huo Wei. Sometimes, she made his meals with herself, which was much to his liking.

Today was a work day, so her husband was at the office. Yu Yuan stayed home and spent time replying to business-related emails and reading financial reports from companies she invested in. Once she was done, she glanced at that time. It was an hour and a half before lunchtime.

Her mind thought of what Huo Wei would probably have for lunch today. She requested that he send her pictures of his lunch meal every day he was at work to ensure he wasn't skipping meals. His lunch was usually purchased from a restaurant close to the company.

Since she had some free time now, Yu Yuan decided to play the role of a virtuous wife and bring him lunch.

Before she left, she called to inform him that she was on her way.

In his office, Huo Wei relaxed in his seat, listening to his phone.

"I'll be there in 30 minutes, so don't order lunch from that restaurant."

"Okay."

"See you soon."

Huo Wei placed his phone down and turned to Assistant Lin, who was waiting. "No need to order from that restaurant today."

Assistant Lin had come in to take his boss's order for lunch. Under Madam's management, his boss no longer skipped his lunch, unlike in the past, where he rarely remembered lunch. As his assistant, he was glad to see his boss finally paying more attention to his health.

But today, was Boss slipping back to old habits? Was this a rebellion against Madam's rule?

Assistant Lin hesitated a bit before opening his mouth to speak, but his boss beat him to it.

"In 25 mins, go down and wait for Yu Yuan. She's in her way."

Assistant Lin relaxed. Madam was on her way, so it probably wasn't a rebellion.

"Yes, Boss."

Some minutes before lunch, employees of the Huo Company watched Assistant Lin walk out of the elevator and move to stand outside the entrance. He stood there with a solemn look like he was expecting someone very important.

The employees exchanged gazes. What big shot was coming to the company today? Who was so important that Assistant Lin had to stand and wait outside.
They exchanged speculations about which big shot was arriving today until one of them joked, "Maybe it's the CEO's wife."

That's impossible!

They all rushed to deny it but suddenly paused. Recently, there was a rumor going around that the CEO was married. If that was true, then...

Their heads snapped to watch the door in unison.

Assistant Lin, who stood outside the entrance, didn't know this, but he had gained a couple of assistants behind him who were also waiting for the arrival of the Madam.

Author's Note

I'm baackkk!!!! Did you all miss me? 🤗🤗

I am going to assume you all did. 🤭🤭

I hope you all enjoyed this week's chapter.

Please note this author is not a doctor or any type of medical professional. This is fiction; hence, there might be some things that might not add up.

See you all next week. 😘