Fatal Mistake

--------------------

[Narrator's POV]

Andrew was sitting on the couch, sketching in his sketchbook. The Painter was out, stalking his next victim, so, presumably, Andrew would have the place to himself for a bit. He didn't exactly like this, though, since he didn't exactly enjoy being alone.

"I wonder when Painter will be h-" Andrew said to himself, but was cut off by the front door opening and closing.

Andrew quickly closed his sketchbook, put it down, and swiftly got up and went to the front door, knowing it was The Painter.

"Hi, Love!" Andrew Said with a smile, but it quickly dropped when he saw what The Painter looked like.

The Painter was visibly shaking, his breathing was heavy and shaky, and he had tears streaming down his face. This wasn't right...The Painter never cries...Something was definitely wrong...

"L-Love...? Wh-What's Wrong...?" Andrew Said, Worry in his tone.

The Painter just looked up at Andrew, with absolute terror in his eyes. It was then that Andrew noticed at least 3 bullet wounds in The Painter's body; 2 in his arm, one in his stomach.

"Wh-What Happened?!" Andrew Exclaimed, clearly panicked.

"M-Mistake on m-m-my p-part.." The Painter managed to get out, "D-D-Didn't notice a w-witness, th-th-they called the p-p-police, a-a-and they a-arrived w-way sooner than I-I e-expected...a-and they sh-shot me while I was r-running..."

"Wh-What do we d-d-do..?!" Andrew exclaimed.

"..I-I think I-I'm a goner, F-Flower...I-I-It's only a m-matter of time..." The Painter Said; Andrew's eyes filled with tears immediately..

"Wh-What..? N-No!.. I-I-I can't l-lose you!!..." Andrew Exclaimed, fear and worry in his tone, and tears were streaming down his face. The Painter laughed a bit.

"..J-Just know I-I l-l-love you, A-Andrew...I-I really do...A-A-And..I-I-I hope that I-I can see you a-again one day..." The Painter Said, a pained smile on his face; He didn't wanna leave Andrew either, but...you can't do much when you've been shot...And if he went to the hospital, they'd recognize him...

Andrew hugged The Painter tight..And...as expected..It was only a matter of time before The Painter's heart stopped beating, and he stopped breathing.

Andrew cried for hours that night...One mistake..caused his love to die. One mistake caused his entire world to fall apart.. Yes, everyone else was extremely happy once the news was found out, but Andrew was heartbroken...

"I'll see you in hell soon, My Sinister Artist..."

Word Count: 372