the promises we made and the kiss we had

Comenzar desde el principio

"Nii-chan," you tugged on your brother's sleeve as he had come to pick you up from preschool.

"Can you teach us soccer?" you asked, pointing to both you and Rensuke.

Jinpachi looked at Rensuke and made a face. "Is he that friend of yours?"

You nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! His name is Rensuke, and he wants to learn soccer too. Can you teach us, Nii-chan?"

"No, he's a boy and boys are gross," Jinpachi said, being overprotective of you. You looked at him, a bit confused.

"But you are a boy too, Nii-chan..." you said slowly, trying to understand. "Does that mean you are also gross?"

"No!" Jinpachi exclaimed. He quickly picked you up, his expression a mix of seriousness and concern. "My little sister, you must never think I'm gross," he said.

'Siscon..' you mentally deadpan at your brother but kept your innocent mask on.

"Well," you looked at Rensuke, who appeared rather eager. "Nii-chan, if you don't teach him, then I will think that you're a gross siscon."

Your little bet definitely hit him hard. He put you down and got on his knees, his expression dramatically devastated as if he had taken a critical hit. "W-where did you hear that word from...?" he whimpered in mock despair.

You couldn't help but giggle at his over-the-top reaction. "I've heard things, Nii-chan. Secrets of the world that only I know."

Rensuke joined in with a chuckle, clearly amused. "You're really good at getting him, Y/n."

With a grin, you extended a hand towards Jinpachi. "So, will you teach us soccer?"

Jinpachi took your hand with a dramatic sigh, playing along. "Fine, fine. I'll teach you both soccer, but only because I want to be seen as the cool big brother."

Then Jinpachi turned his attention to Rensuke and said, his tone half-playful and half-serious, "Don't you dare try to hit on my precious little sister."

Rensuke seemed to grow nervous under Jinpachi's gaze, not entirely sure how to handle the situation. "Y-yes," he replied, his voice a bit shaky.

"Nii-chan!" you exclaimed, a hint of frustration in your tone. "Don't scare my friend!"

Jinpachi chuckled, ruffling your hair. "I'm just looking out for you, Y/n. You're my little sister, after all."

Rensuke let out a nervous laugh, trying to ease the tension. "Don't worry, Jinpachi-nii. I wouldn't do anything to upset Y/n."

Jinpachi's stern expression softened, and he nodded in approval. "Good. As long as we're clear on that."

And that was how you and Rensuke spent the time on weekends or sometimes after pre school.