『Leo』

Element: Fire

Dates: July 23 - August 22

Ruling Planet: The Sun

House: 5th

Quality: Fixed

Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 5, 11, and 14

Colours: Gold, additional colours are yellow, red and orange

Lucky Day: Sunday

Flowers/Herbs: Sunflower and Marigold

Birth Stone: Peridot

Body Associations: Heart, spine and upper back

Motivations: Performing and Leading

Energy: Yang (Masculine)

Key Phrase: "I shine"

Positive Traits: Popular, confident, supportive

Negative Traits: Jealous, vain, bossy

Compatibility: Aries, Libra, Sagittarius, Gemini

Celebrities with your star sign: Madonna, Chris Hemsworth, Cara Delevigne, Jason Momoa, Kylie Jenner, David Dobrik

Your sign...

Female: The Leo woman is easily noticed in everything she does. Governed by the Sun, the Leo woman is radiant and is very warm. She particularly likes to be front and center on the stage of life. Despite this attraction for attention, the Leo woman has a heart of gold and does not hesitate to share her generosity with the most disadvantaged. A Leo woman has a strong personality. She does not hesitate to go out of her way to win or defend her rights. She particularly hates it when somebody else steals her show, both in her professional life and in her private life. She seeks, above all, to shine and become the best in everything she does. In addition, she is convinced that she has all the skills to do so and would not want to deprive herself. Her optimism creates respect. The Leo woman has great confidence and does not impose limits on herself. People recognize this character trait because she keeps fighting when everyone else has already given up. She is an outgoing person with an innate charm. Her natural charisma often propels her towards a leadership position in a group.

Male: Ruled by the Sun, the sign of Leo in a male natal chart unveils a luminous and warm being. A Leo man always wants to shine in everything he does. He can easily fill the shoes of a leader. The Leo man is ambitious and he has great confidence in himself and his own abilities. He loves showing off his talents and being in the spotlight. Working as an actor or director suits him well. Like the animal that represents him, the Leo man always wants to be the alpha male, the star to admire, and let anyone trying to steal the spotlight beware. In truth, however, behind this facade hides a sympathetic and generous man, very much appreciated by his loved ones. A Leo man is often very confident about himself and his ability to succeed professionally. However, like the king of the jungle, he has this unfortunate tendency to always want to delegate as much as possible until he loses control. It is a flaw that will earn him many setbacks until he finds the motivation to reinvest himself in his work.

As a child: Leo's children prefer to be the center of attention. They need to learn how to share properly and be respectful, especially since they want to be respected one day. Any time they transgress or need correcting, it should be handled privately and sternly. Public humiliation can do serious damage to their evolving ego. They appreciate power properly wielded and will become difficult if they do not think you are powerful enough to discipline them. The best rule of thumb in teaching them is to moderate praise, but use it as a tool to motivate them. This sign, more than any other, can act like a little tyrant if they do not get their way and the parent fails to act with proper authority. They can be successful on teams where they can advance to leadership roles. They need to be taught self-discipline, proper respect for others, and how to lose graciously (because it will be one of their main life lessons).

As a parent: The Leo parent can be very loving and involved, but also sets high expectations, especially if they discover their child has a talent or stand-out skill. If the situation calls for dealing with a crisis, Leo's parents will jump right and look to play the hero. These parents can be among the most engaging and will support all opportunities for their child to participate and lead in a sport, talent, or role among peers.

In friendship: Leo people are fun friends and very gregarious. They love to entertain and gather people around them to celebrate. They love to compete with friends and will always want to keep the energy flowing when doing something with friends. Appearances and status mean a lot to this sign. Friendships come rather easily but can go off the rails if Leo feels slighted in some way. A smart Leo friend will never take up more than 49% of the attention; a brilliant Leo friend will stay in the 30% range on the "getting attention" scale. They are wonderfully loyal and will drop anything to get to a friend in need if they will be properly appreciated for their efforts.

At work: The profession that suits them best? It is a job that allows them to have an excellent social status. They need to be recognized and envied by all. That is why CEO, leader or manager jobs are particularly well suited, especially in areas related to politics, religion, and industry. They also do well in competitive fields, creative arts, and work involving youths. While it is part of traditional astrology to suggest some jobs are Leo jobs and other jobs belong to other signs, that concept is outdated. Essentially any sign can do any job, whether the person is a hairdresser, surgeon, stay-at-home parent, fighter pilot, and on and on. Ideally, the person doing the job needs to be able to do the work in alignment with his or her sign. Leo prefers to be in charge, performing, or promoting when it comes to work and career.

In love: Leos loves to be in love; they are the figures on the romance novel covers. Like their friendships, they need at least 51% of the attention. The more the get, the more they are willing to give back. What makes them so much fun is their passion and creativity; they make the best playmates, so playfulness needs to be essential in the relationship for it to last. And they like to go out and show off and be shown off. A Leo romance will wither on the vine without sunshine and lots of attention.