one

SANIYAH MONÉT MARSHALLfriday october first 2023

friday october first 2023

constant bullshit by summer walker played lowly on saniyah's tv as she scrolled through pinterest. the song was extremely relatable to the young girl. her scrolling suddenly came to a holt when she received a call from her bestfriend, notti.

saniyah contemplated on answering since she already knew what he was calling for. she clicked decline not wanting to deal with him today, but of course he called her back.

she rolled her eyes and clicked the green button. "what ethan?" saniyah spoke harshly. "damn ma, what i do?" notti laughed as he relit his blunt. as much as she wanted to deny it, notti looked good.

"tryna come over though? i miss you." saniyah rolled her eyes at his question. it was a school night and here he was asking her to come over. "notti, i was literally over there yesterday. you don't miss me." saniyah emphasized knowing he didn't actually miss her.

notti sucked his teeth. "ion care bout nunnadat. i already called your uber. shit bout seven minutes away." this is how saniyah always ended up over his house at odd hours. he'd buy her an uber before she even got the opportunity to say yes or no.

"ethan, bro make this shit your last time." saniyah grumbled as she got out of bed. she knew that if she didn't leave, he'd just keep calling ubers until she finally got in one.

saniyah thanked the uber driver as she closed the car door. she sighed looking at notti's apartment building. she didn't wanna be here. she wanted to be at home in her own bed.

as she walked up to the door, she saw ethan making his way to her. saniyah couldn't help, but to smile. he was her first love after all.

"hey baby." notti smiled as he pulled the small girl into a bear hug. saniyah's nose was instantly filled with the scent of prada cologne and weed. her favorite scent.

"hey, e." saniyah mumbled into his chest as she hugged his back. he released her from the hug and just looked at her. saniyah was easily the prettiest girl he's ever seen.

"can we go upstairs? it's cold." saniyah asked as she shivered a bit standing in the lobby. notti didn't say anything, but he did wrap his arm around her neck and lead her to his apartment.

he unlocked the door revealing the quiet house. saniyah took her jacket off and hung it on the coat rack before leaving notti in the hallway, making her way to his room.

she's been to his house almost everyday since they met back in seventh grade. as saniyah made it to his room, she sighed knowing what notti really wanted from her.

she slipped her shoes off and got into his bed. soon after notti came into the room with a bottle of apple juice, her favorite drink. she smiled as he passed her the juice. "thanks." she mumbled before twisting the cap off and drinking it. notti didn't say anything and just began rolling up for the third time tonight. little things like that made her feel like notti truly liked her.

"you know if jodie here?" saniyah asked as she placed the juice on his nightstand. notti shook his head as he crushed up the weed. "she left awhile ago."

saniyah didn't say anything as she picked up her phone and went to her messages to text her girls.

3/3💋

niyah🧚🏽‍♀️
guess where i'm at
again.

jodie baby👼🏽
😐

tai my heart👩🏽‍🎤
niyah... you gotta stop. frl.

niyah🧚🏽‍♀️
ik ik
but he bought the uber and i would've
felt bad if i didn't get in

jodie baby👼🏽
and he knows that
he's literally manipulating you into
coming to his house

tai my heart👩🏽‍🎤
and he literally only calls you over for sex

niyah frowned at that message. she looked over at notti who was hitting the freshly rolled blunt. she could've cried right then and there because she knew it was true.

notti could feel saniyah staring at him. he looked over at her and saw the saddest look on her face. he furrowed his eyebrows, what could've happened in the last five minutes? he kept looking at her and saw her eyes start to get watery.

he wasn't sure what to do, so he passed the blunt to her. he thought that maybe she needed it more than he did. saniyah gave him a closed mouth smiled. she really just wanted to be comforted and lay in his arms.

she accepted the blunt and hit it a few times before texting her friends back.

jodie baby👼🏽
taina.
why would you say that?
that could've really hurt her feelings.

tai my heart👩🏽‍🎤
it's the truth isn't it?
i love niyah, but i don't want her
continuously hurting herself

jodie baby👼🏽
i know tai, but that was too harsh.
i hate the fact that niyah is allowing
herself to get hurt by notti, but we
cant force her to move on from him.

tai my heart👩🏽‍🎤
i know di
i'm sorry niyah, i wasn't tryna be mean
you know how i feel about notti and i
can't stand his ass

niyah🧚🏽‍♀️
it's okay tai
i know you meant well, but ts definitely
hurt my feelings a little bit
i'll see y'all tmrw at school
love ya:)

saniyah placed her phone on do not disturb. she loved taina, but she hated how honest she was at times. the pain saniyah felt when she read that message really made her just want curl up in a ball and die.

saniyah knows she needs to move on, but she can't. notti was her first love, her first everything. how could she just let that go so easily? well, i guess she could just ask notti how he let their two year long relationship go so easily.

she wasn't dumb, she knew notti was only keeping her around to have sex and maybe some other reasons. but she loved him. she wanted to be with him more than anything, but she knew he didn't want to commit to her.

"you good baby?" notti asked as he grabbed the blunt from saniyah's fingers. saniyah wanted to express her feelings to the older boy, but she knew he wasn't gonna give her the answers she wanted. so instead she just nodded her head.

notti knew she was lying. he wanted to press her about it, but he decided to just let it go. if she wanted to tell him, she would've was his thought process.

the two just kept passing the blunt back and forth between one another. after about her tenth hit, saniyah was in the clouds. notti just looked so good to her in this moment.

a fresh line up shown due to his curly hair being pulled back into his signature ponytail. his eyebrows freshly shaped up, his eyes low and red. saniyah just wanted to pounce on him, but she had to keep her cool.

notti hit the roach for the last time. he grabbed saniyah by her neck and started to kiss her while blowing the smoke into her mouth. saniyah pulled away first to blow the smoke out. the two teens just stared at each other with lust in their eyes.

as saniyah stared at the pretty boy, she thought about how much she loved him, but she couldn't keep doing this to herself anymore. she smiled at notti before leaning in and kissing him for the last time.

STAR SPEAKS!
this story is gonna be an emotional rollercoaster, so be ready!
1.2k words.